Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-15-2021, 05:04 PM   #51
fullscale
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Menat will not get a swimsuit version as far as I know.
Her Felicia costume is her "swimsuit"
fullscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:07 PM   #52
Westhelle
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
Her Felicia costume is her "swimsuit"
Westhelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:17 PM   #53
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
I'm posting those. Not Ant. We do it to gauge general interest. It's not to be seen as an order form though.
Ah, gotcha!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 05:56 PM   #54
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westhelle View Post
Ya explain me how to quantify that "evoking emtions" factor into a business decision. That Asuras Wrath statue sure doesn't evoke anything inside me at least, eventho I can appreciate the art behind it.
Also, if that Asuras Wrath statue was such a massive success for Tsume, why did they not continue the line with a Yasha statue, who is basically the Ken in Asuras Wrath. I'm sure you can make a statue of pretty much every main character of a niche game or anime for a reasonable price and the small die hard fanbase will buy it. The so called release Ryu and Chun and drop the IP tactic.

By the way I can't find many statues on ebay I did miss out when I was still in college. Call me when you find that Bioshock Infinite statue on ebay, that was sitting for 3 years in store before going on clearance sale.
There have been 2 of that statue in eBay's recent history and the last one sold 4 days ago. I highly doubt anyone unfamiliar with Bioshock would even notice that statue or remark on it. Think anyone that hasn't played the game would pay either Asura's MSRP or even it's own original MSRP to get the Bioshock? Asura's statue gets attention independent of it's source material. Asura's Wrath was never on clearance but you find out a statue's true appreciation in the after market not just by it's selling price but by how often it changes hands.

Did Asura not sell well enough for Tsume or were they not interested in doing other characters or did they not have a concept they believed in?
No one knows. There's nothing wrong with only selling the most popular characters. What Tsume definitely did not do was make attention getting polls for years on end to "guage" interest under the guise of pleasing a diehard fanbase that makes up the majority of a company's historical customer base when they already know demand will be far less than the products they have already sold of much more popular characters.
Quote:
challenge of trying to get it done for less than 2k per piece (or more).
You don't get more milk from a dry cow by endlessly tugging harder at it's udders.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote