Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #111
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I understand what you're getting at, but it pretty much comes down to art direction at this point.

You're describing more of an environmental "natural" base. If you look at all statues in the 'Ultra' line, they all are consistent in that they have a "themed" pedestal base, with elements inspired by their costumes or stages.
You're right. I actually remember seeing statues in this Street Fighter line that do match this type of style. I honestly haven't been paying much attention to PCS in a couple years, but they're starting to build back my interest. Once I saw those little SF characters that look like that Udon poster. I hope they don't bail on that line?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 04:28 PM   #112
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
Ah yeah. Gotta be in line with the current license and match the rest of the ultra line too. There's been so many art styles over the years that there's a preference for everyone. I think the whole thing turned out great. Hopefully he'll grow on you if you want a really epic Blanka.
That's the problem with long running franchises. "Old" and nostalgic versions become off limits. I don't compromise anymore as a collector, if it's not my version, the one that resonates with me, then no sale.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:03 PM   #113
qz33
Rescue

Remember the early days of SF? Before the combos, back when it was new and no one knew what they were doing?
People loved playing as Blanka.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 06:32 PM   #114
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Yup, I was one of those kids in the early 90s, playing the World Warrior on the SNES. Playing as the four Bosses? Forget about it, you had to go to the arcades for that. There was a code to be able to choose the same character in VS mode. I was stoked when I discovered a glitchy Game Genie code that allowed me to play as the bosses (glitched to heck) on my copy of my WW.

But yeah, Blanka on the box art cannon balling through Ryu and Chun Li got the imagination going. He was green, like the Hulk, but was kind of funny, and loved his mama.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #115
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Yup, I was one of those kids in the early 90s, playing the World Warrior on the SNES. Playing as the four Bosses? Forget about it, you had to go to the arcades for that. There was a code to be able to choose the same character in VS mode. I was stoked when I discovered a glitchy Game Genie code that allowed me to play as the bosses (glitched to heck) on my copy of my WW.

But yeah, Blanka on the box art cannon balling through Ryu and Chun Li got the imagination going. He was green, like the Hulk, but was kind of funny, and loved his mama.
Yea, I probably spent 1k in quarters on SF2 in the arcades as a kid. I actually did main Blanka in the very beginning, cause his ball charged attack was easy to pull off & mashing punch buttons to shock opponents who love to jump in, was super simple. Plus, I always was into monsters & he fit the bill.
Old 02-17-2021, 08:33 PM   #116
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullscale View Post
I wonder if Blanka will make the cut in SF6? I personally hope so, but I have a feeling he'll be missing. Unless he's DLC way down the road of the game? With the new graphics engine, he'd look pretty interesting I'm guessing.
Old 12-14-2022, 03:04 PM   #117
goatchumby
The Herculoids

Both Blanka Ultras are up on SS Daily Deals for $453 (along with some other PCS statues).
goatchumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 11:48 AM   #118
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I was about to order blanka and Quile but the shipping was $186 and $354 CAD. Absolutely insane shipping rates for these 2.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2023, 04:46 PM   #119
sith_apprentice
The Avengers

Anyone have any in-hand pics of the yellow version?
sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote