Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #211
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iacon13 View Post
He’s also a very gracious guy. I think I may have said this before but he signed the bulk of my collection with many sketches over the course of visiting him at 2 different cons. He literally dealt with myself and my wife on one occasion and my buddy and his son on another occasion dragging in piece after piece and he signed them all. I was blown away! I never get tired of looking at my Bowen wall of statues. I love the 1/4 scale pieces too but Bowen started it all for me!!
I would sell off my entire 1/4 Marvel collection before I even think about touching my Bowen collection. Besides the fact that my Bowen pieces look amazing, Randy also did a fantastic job of digging DEEP into Marvel's characters. There's no Marvel character I want for my collection that Randy hasn't already released. It allows me to complete my lineups. I've got many holes in my 1/4 Marvel lineups that may never be complete.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 09:23 PM   #212
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I would sell off my entire 1/4 Marvel collection before I even think about touching my Bowen collection. Besides the fact that my Bowen pieces look amazing, Randy also did a fantastic job of digging DEEP into Marvel's characters. There's no Marvel character I want for my collection that Randy hasn't already released. It allows me to complete my lineups. I've got many holes in my 1/4 Marvel lineups that may never be complete.
You’re lucky. I’ve got an extensive Bowen collection and there still are a few where it feels incomplete. Such as Werewolf by Night to go with my Marvel Marvel Monsters FS shelf, Classic Blade just to go with Dracula. I’d settle for a Sif and Baldar busts (rather than FS) to go along side Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Thor(s), Hercules and Warriors Three on my Asgardians busts shelf.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 10:24 PM   #213
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
You’re lucky. I’ve got an extensive Bowen collection and there still are a few where it feels incomplete. Such as Werewolf by Night to go with my Marvel Marvel Monsters FS shelf, Classic Blade just to go with Dracula. I’d settle for a Sif and Baldar busts (rather than FS) to go along side Odin, Beta Ray Bill, Thor(s), Hercules and Warriors Three on my Asgardians busts shelf.
Yeah, I have a Bowen FS Avengers, X-MEN, Spidey, and cosmic lineup. I need Scarlet Witch to complete my Avengers FS lineup and have 3 choices. I also need Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman to complete my FF lineup. My problem is I'm not all that crazy about my FF choices. The OG Reed and Sue don't appeal to me at all. I'll end up having to buy the FF FS 3pk and use just the Reed and Sue statues. They look solid to me but they still look a bit dated to me.

Hopefully, Randy restarts his business and releases the characters that you and others need. There's still plenty of characters Randy can give us.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #214
MKS
Nightwing

He had a MB set of the modern Guardians of The Galaxy to compliment the Groot MB that I hope eventually gets produced!
MKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 01:45 PM   #215
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Modok FS auction ended yesterday for $709.02 shipped. I think that's a high for him.

Havok FS auction ended last week for $603.15 shipped. i believe this is high for him as well (i could be wrong tho).

The last two Kingpin FS auctions ended at an average of $849.50 shipped. that's as high as i've even seen him (but maybe there was one or two that went for silly money)

some market observations: for the first time there aren't too many Bowen FS for sale on eBay sub-$200. Most are buy it nows in the $300s. Interesting because back in the day (phase 1-4) there were very few Bowen FS that would sell in the secondary market for $300+ aside from the "grails" The mini-statues across the board are selling for as high as they ever have. Silver Surfer Mini Statue is constantly selling in the low-mid $200s, which is that the action FS was consistently selling for s me years back. Mini-busts across the board are selling for all-time highs.

The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:21 PM   #216
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I saw that MODOK...Hydro-Man bust sold for 455 + shipping. I'm not sure that's the high, but it's up there.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:28 PM   #217
Mister H
Green Goblin

I think it's just a matter of time before every Bowen bust or statue gets it's day in the sun.......except for that Hawkeye bust. Man was that a stinker.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 04:46 PM   #218
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

lol...you mean that wickless candle looking sob? I'm not sure you'd want it in the sun.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:56 PM   #219
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

MODOK's getting a lot of attention lately thanks to the Avengers video game and his upcoming Hulu series.

Also I'm not sure why Randy didn't make a new Hawkeye MB. Even then the reception for that one wasn't good.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 10:05 AM   #220
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Modok FS auction ended yesterday for $709.02 shipped. I think that's a high for him.

Havok FS auction ended last week for $603.15 shipped. i believe this is high for him as well (i could be wrong tho).

The last two Kingpin FS auctions ended at an average of $849.50 shipped. that's as high as i've even seen him (but maybe there was one or two that went for silly money)

some market observations: for the first time there aren't too many Bowen FS for sale on eBay sub-$200. Most are buy it nows in the $300s. Interesting because back in the day (phase 1-4) there were very few Bowen FS that would sell in the secondary market for $300+ aside from the "grails" The mini-statues across the board are selling for as high as they ever have. Silver Surfer Mini Statue is constantly selling in the low-mid $200s, which is that the action FS was consistently selling for s me years back. Mini-busts across the board are selling for all-time highs.

Wow! Havok used to be on the high side but I've never seen it at that price. I think it's what many here have already said: There's still a demand for 1/6-1/7 scale Marvel statues. It's really the only series where you can get almost every character they see from the movies or shows.

It's a perfect time for his return.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote