Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-06-2013, 09:34 PM   #521
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Well guys just called again and they have my shelf and sliding doors in stock so tomorrow morning I will have and Sunday my hubby is setting it up for us ! How many hours of work are the pax usually consist of ??

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 PM   #522
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well guys just called again and they have my shelf and sliding doors in stock so tomorrow morning I will have and Sunday my hubby is setting it up for us ! How many hours of work are the pax usually consist of ??

Sarah
Grats... Shouldn't take more then 30-45 mins to put it together...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #523
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Alright i got the shelves from Cincy-Nasty and just got home we have to clean house first then hubby is helping me get our shelves set up! Does anyone know how to set up the lighting system? We bought everything today while we were at IKEA so were good to go but im not sure how we set the lights up and he doesnt know either! He figured that the control boxes will be attached to the backs of the shelves? Then the cord goes through the back ply board to your light? Am i thinking this thru correctly? We got the komplement lighting system that are 26' long because each one of our two pax shelves are around 30' long!

here is link
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/pr...846/#/50163848

Let me know how i should set this up in the mean time im going to clean house, due laundry, bake a pie (all the woman duties ) then set up our new display!

Thanks in advance guys, youve all been a big help to us!

Sarah
Old 12-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #524
built2shred
Phoenix

You can either screw the bracket into the front of the display area on each shelf or you can use the double stick tape instead. you just run the wire along the side out the back, drill small hole in the cardboard for the cord to exit... Take some pictures when you got it all up
Old 12-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #525
Bolo2002b
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hey guys does the besta doors keep all the dust out? Or any door that can keep all the dust out? Pf statues cn really catch dust. I want my statues to be dust free.
Bolo2002b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #526
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
Hey guys does the besta doors keep all the dust out? Or any door that can keep all the dust out? Pf statues cn really catch dust. I want my statues to be dust free.
No display is ever dust free but having doors on your display will help with this! That's why I purchased sliding doors on ours that way we don't have to dust as much !!

Thanks built I will defiantly take pictures!

Sarah
Old 12-08-2013, 02:49 AM   #527
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolo2002b View Post
You might be able to fabricate a rubber seal for the doors to rest on which would probably make it like 90% dust free... Been thinking about heading to Lowes and coming up with something.. I'll let you know if I find something that works
Old 12-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #528
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You can either screw the bracket into the front of the display area on each shelf or you can use the double stick tape instead. you just run the wire along the side out the back, drill small hole in the cardboard for the cord to exit... Take some pictures when you got it all up
I used double-sided tape and attached them to the rear of the display. I also wrapped the cord in electrical tape so it's not very visible when looking into the display.
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:12 AM   #529
gomur
The Tick

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
You might be able to fabricate a rubber seal for the doors to rest on which would probably make it like 90% dust free... Been thinking about heading to Lowes and coming up with something.. I'll let you know if I find something that works
Please do. The thought's crossed my mind, but I've been too busy. And by busy, I really mean lazy.
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:14 AM   #530
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

You'll never keep dust completely out, but something can certainly be fabricated to help. I simply constructed a sort of weather stripping out of duct tape and placed them on the top and bottom gaps of the doors. It's by no means flawless, but it helps and it is out of sight.
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote