Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

View Poll Results: Would you buy Tekken kits if PTZ acquired the license?
Yes! 23 56.10%
No way! 18 43.90%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2014, 09:41 AM   #21
demonhunter
Kingpin

I would be interested in Tekken model kits and statues.

But if it were SNK characters, my first choice would be Iori Yagami & Kyo Kusanagi to start off the line up, followed by Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #22
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

But if it were SNK characters, my first choice would be Iori Yagami & Kyo Kusanagi to start off the line up, followed by Terry Bogard and Joe Higashi.
Most definitely.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:36 AM   #23
Grifterr
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post

Yes, we can even mix those up with the SF kits to create the ultimate Capcom vs SNK character display.
(Mr Karate vs Akuma for instance)

After that K' should be next up, he is mad cool.
Grifterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:37 AM   #24
demonhunter
Kingpin

Oh yeah, Mr Karate. Love that long nose mask and K'!
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #25
Artsta
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Yeah I mean it's cool for those interested, but I'm not a Tekken fan and wouldn't buy a kit of it.

As far as fighting game merch/kits I'd buy Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Marvel vs Capcom, and Dead or Alive.

KoF never pulled me in. Tekken never pulled me in. Soul Calibur got me to buy 1 game. But I'd only buy a Ivy Statue. Everything else is blah to me.
Artsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 AM   #26
masterlei13
Birdman

Tekken would be the best and most intelligent choice. I played Tekken since the mid 90's and i would be the happiest person in the world if it happens. but of course, i would prefer pre-painted statues.

by the way, Tekken is a game played in WorldCyberGames, no Street Fighter to date i would guess. in EVO, most Americans knew they have a very little chance of winning in Tekken so why watch it. hehe.
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #27
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterlei13 View Post
Tekken would be the best and most intelligent choice. I played Tekken since the mid 90's and i would be the happiest person in the world if it happens. but of course, i would prefer pre-painted statues.

by the way, Tekken is a game played in WorldCyberGames, no Street Fighter to date i would guess. in EVO, most Americans knew they have a very little chance of winning in Tekken so why watch it. hehe.
Dead or Alive and Virtual Fighter competitions were hosted prior to Tekken 6. Also, Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition was in the last games but not Tekken. The tournament was hosted in the US three times and competitors came from all over the world (just as EVO).

As of now, World Cyber Games no longer exists (last tournament was in 2013) but EVO remains strong and brings fighters from each continent every year. In fact, EVO has hosted Tekken competitions since its creation. Some of the best Tekken fighters in the world are actually Americans, so saying that Americans cannot compete is biased and ignorant.

I for once, rather play a combo oriented game like Street Fighter than a button smasher like Tekken.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #28
thebatmanfan
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

King, Iron King, Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Bryan, man i can think of lots of characters that would make great statues. And replying to the post up top... any game can be a button smashing game... tekken definitely has combos to it, you must not know how to play
thebatmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:15 PM   #29
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebatmanfan View Post
King, Iron King, Yoshimitsu, Kunimitsu, Bryan, man i can think of lots of characters that would make great statues. And replying to the post up top... any game can be a button smashing game... tekken definitely has combos to it, you must not know how to play
I do. I have played every Tekken since the first one. That does not change the fact that it is still a button smasher. Just sayin'.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 AM   #30
masterlei13
Birdman

I hope Mr. Erick will someday sculpt Tekken statues.

it weird but Knee of Korea and Nobi of Japan got the gold medals in WCG. and we true Tekken players know for sure that, It's the only fighting game thats non button smashing!

Last edited by masterlei13; 10-23-2014 at 05:40 AM. Reason: misspelled
masterlei13 is offline   Reply With Quote