Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 04-08-2022, 12:54 AM   #101
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

I'd be interested to read your take on JND 1:3 scale pieces - do you think they're a better grade than QS or Infinity busts or 1:2 Scale statues?
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:10 AM   #102
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
thats why I chose to hire elite independent artists who I have used for decades and I KNOW what products they use so I CAN sleep at night knowing they will still be around and in perfect condition when Im gone for my kids.
Can you send me the names of some good bust makers? I've been looking for a while now, and most of the independent bust makers I've found do incredible work, but are unable to achieve the level of accuracy that QS and IS accomplishes, whilst also charging much more for their work.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 10:18 AM   #103
DLMEsquire44
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
OPEN VAULT COLLECTIBLES, has it up way cheaper than anyone else at $4499 and . IF YOU just do a payment plan or place an order and pay later, its $4999 usd.

SPEC FICTION has it for the same full price or $4899 pay in full plus they will only ship this to USA FOR $600 TO $1000 IN THE USA.

IT IS only 99 edition, which is pretty good and almost 6 feet tall, that is true lifesize, not QUEENS LIFESIZE, which is not true lifesize it you have take time to scale some of their bigger pieces like THANOS.

SIDESHOW STILL doesnt have it up, but they will be the same price but a better shipping rate than SPEC and will ship international. BUT right now OPEN VAULT has best deal, and if you want one, dont sit on the bench, looks like the 3 vendors are only getting 10 each in america.

Between this, the Nazgul and the half sized QUEEN Balrog, that is one epic start to a LOTR COLLECTION WITH ALL THE BADDIES. Im scared because you know ARAGON AND GANDOLF AND OTHERS, will be coming to you for the low price of $4 TO $5000 with questionable SILICONE, if its not lasting a lifetime or at least 65 plus years, than they are NOT USING PLATINUM MEDICAL GRADE SILICONE, like they have stated many times but then got caught lying, same with QUEEN too.

Its too bad, because these china companies are getting real great IP's, but my god, some of the production pieces from infinity are really bad (QUEEN HAS BETTER PRODUCTION PIECE CONSISTENCY) and then told it will only last 15 years, ya, that aint no PLATINUM silicone. QUEEN IS CLAIMING LONGER FOR THIER NEW BETTER THAN PLATINUM SILICONE, which is what they said they have been using all along, but with the price hike on TOM HOLLANDS spiderman bust, they gave the reason of better SILICONE.

There is no better silicone that PLATINUM MEDICAL GRADE, which in a letter they stated they were using. SO NOW, what were they really using as now there are alot of collectors with a ton of bust now just told they did not have the best silicone, and only with TOM HOLLANDS bust and future bust will have it? I would be furious if I FOUND out that my busts were really silica gel or some cheaper generic silicone that dont last.

I HAVE PLATINUM silicone busts around 20 years old and no special care, besides keeping out of sunlight, but that goes for any statue or bust, no acrylic casing, just on a stand and dusted every couple months and it is still fresh and mint as the day it was made.

IF I had bought one of the INFINITY BUSTS, ESPECIALLY THE WONDER WOMAN which they are using silica gel for, 15 to 20 YEARS max is what THEY have stated and would be sending out silica repair kits. NEWS FLASH, you can not fix silica gel or silicone like you can with latex or resin. Once it is done and starts to dry out and crack, flake and become fragile, game over mate, I WOULD have to shoot out almost my entire collection years ago.

THEN you would be adding up all the THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, you have nothing to show for or could possibly sell. IF THEY were truly using the PLATINUM SMOOTH ON, They would be boasting a 65 year plus lifespan.

I USE to have acrylic boxes for all my busts , even when they were resin, and it was honestly just a big was of money, you dont get to really see and feel the bust behind a box that gives off glares and sometimes are very hard to clean. IF you can take 5 mins and dust your bust even once a month, your good.

BUT WITH using PLATINUM MEDICAL GRADE SILICONE, you can just use any standard paint that other silicone busts or even polystone busts use, YOU have to use the special PLATINUM SILICONE paints or it will just eventually or right away start to flake off. ONE of my artists has stated they were asked to repaint a QUEEN terminator Arnold because the paint was flaking and rubbing off. I WONT say what artist as there are quit a few who refuse to fix up any infinity or queen bust. SO I dont want to single them out as Im friends with most of my artists, but I have also been told from these artists that the busts from both companies so far is not PLATINUM BY smooth on.

SO just do some research. IF they make an ARAGON and nail it, IM going to be asking myself can I RENT an ARAGON BUST FOR $4000 for 10 to 20 years?

I WANT my stuff to last so it is a long time investment, and I HAVE something to pass on to my children when I kick the bucket. They can have my collection to remember me by and admire the ones they like, or , and it would break my heart, they just started selling everything to get some good coin. BUT that will only happen with pieces that can last longer than 20 years.

20 years goes by fast, especially when your older. The last 20 years was a flicker of a light to me, and the next 20 will be even faster. SO thats why I chose to hire elite independent artists who I have used for decades and I KNOW what products they use so I CAN sleep at night knowing they will still be around and in perfect condition when Im gone for my kids.
I'm really tempted to collect the Infinity Studios bust line, but now you've got me really concerned. Is there somewhere I can find info\research about Infinity Lying about their silicone?? I'd like to read it myself... Have any of the pieces actually shipped yet other than Henry Cavil, Wonder Woman and Batman?
Which of the Infinity production pieces are you saying are really bad?? Thanks!
DLMEsquire44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2022, 01:51 AM   #104
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

WONDER WOMAN IS HORRIBLE FROM INFINITY. THE BATMAN has silica gel for the lower face as well. THEY SAY THEY use silicone now starting with superman, but they only say it, they have never proved it. IF BOTH companies were using the top line silicone from smooth on, their prices would be MUCH HIGHER.FIRST they use silica gel for her which is the cheapest stuff out there and will not last long before problems occur. THE first batch LOOKS GOOD but the hair line is way to high on the head therefore making people try and raise the head piece tierra and then it doesnt sit flat on the head as a result. AND YES they also used silica gel. THE SECOND batches made in a different factory have cut corners and have lead to many pieces not lining up right or having bad pulls from the molds and then other pieces like the front of the arms will be a different color than the arm it attaches too because they are all being made at different times by different parts of the factory. THE PICTURES people are posted are crazy horrible.

YOU will have a hard time finding any negative info on INFINITY AS THEY DELETE the posts. I was posing questions for them to answer and calling them out for lying by COPY AND PASTING their own statements that they said they never stated and I HAD some saved discussions. THEY DELETED ALL TALK about there products they use as the truth was freaking out collectors who thought they were using high grade silicone, then in a personal message, THEY told me off and then would not let me respond to them and banned me, JUST FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND CALLING THEM OUT ON THINGS THEY HAD STATED IN PAST!

QUEEN LIED too, but they were not rude, they would listen to people and always reply, but their quality control on production pieces seem to be much more like the prototype in terms of how consistent all the products going out look. INFINITY has some really bad peices that people have posted.

INDEPENDANT artists charge more because they do not mass produce and cater to what YOU want done and do most the work if not all themselves. THEY will keep making changes till your happy if they dont nail the sculpt on first try. THEY also charge more because they use top line products that cost more and not cheap silica gel or even cheap silicones.

ALL my busts and statues are extremely accurate and will last a LIFETIME. There is BOBBY CAUSEY, STEVE WANG(although I THINK he stopped personal commissions) JORDU, NICK MARA, ELSA NIRI, MIKE HILL, HOWARD SENFT, RICHARD MARTIN, ANDY WRIGHT ETC ETC. ALL have strengths and weaknesses, they are people but most of them will produce something that truly looks real and will last longer than 15 years. lol.
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:45 AM   #105
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Unboxing Infinity Studio’s Lord of the Rings Sauron Life-size Bust Statue

https://youtu.be/komyjP-G4Qg
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:50 AM   #106
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

At least it looks far more substantial than their last LOTR bust.

Though that head/helmet seems like it doesn’t weight much at all.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 04:40 AM   #107
qz33
Doctor Doom

Looks amazing in the video. If it is in scale have to say I think it is worth it. Love to see it paired with a Ringwraith bust.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #108
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Is this shipping soon then? I ordered from Open Vault, but they seem to be WAY behind in getting this stuff. They still don't have the Infinity Batman/Superman in stock and those have been out for a long time. Anyone have experience with Open Vault?
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:59 PM   #109
MegatronG1
The X-Men

My imagination suffices with the books. I don't need tens of thousands of dollars in painted compacted dust to enjoy the escapism.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 03:31 PM   #110
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
My imagination suffices with the books. I don't need tens of thousands of dollars in painted compacted dust to enjoy the escapism.
I mean, that's fair enough - but, it seems like you've taken the time to come into the thread - just to tell everyone you don't need a statue......

no one "needs" a statue - that's why it's a hobby and not a necessity
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote