Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prototypez

Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 PM   #61
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Oh yeah, that portrait is spot on! It goes well with a ready stance as in the top picture. Maybe throw in a third arrogant smirk portrait.

For the pose I hope we see something more interesting than the same fighting stance as PCS. Are the two torsos for every release still a thing, or not?
Eric did say a potential pose for Honda in video but I don’t want to start speculation he can answer that himself. I like the idea.

They were planning to do 1 torso with rest of characters after ryu but fans wanted 2 for akuma 2 for Ken so we getting it. If fans want 2 for Honda we will surly get it though it will raise prices.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 08:44 AM   #62
ovirfo
Fantastic Four

ovirfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 09:05 AM   #63
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovirfo View Post

Yeah that’s it hopefully that early stages as I’m not feeling the gut. Please don’t make him fat Eric.

Also if I can make a suggestion I think it would be best to sculpt Honda with 1 arm attached to his body than add the effects of the 100 hand slap on top of that arm. As I said earlier I’m sure this is early stages but at this stage that Honda hand looks more like a cyborg with multiple hands coming out of his armpits. I hope you understand what I’m tryibg to convey but if not I think this is a good example of how to get that effect more realistically from your sculpt. You can clearly see 1 arm still attached to body and effects around that attached arm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6E361D1E-FC73-4789-A5FB-9093A0416906.jpeg
Views:	22
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	116022
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 10:44 PM   #64
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Looks awesome
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:02 AM   #65
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuhayabusa6787 View Post
Yeah that’s it hopefully that early stages as I’m not feeling the gut. Please don’t make him fat Eric.

Also if I can make a suggestion I think it would be best to sculpt Honda with 1 arm attached to his body than add the effects of the 100 hand slap on top of that arm. As I said earlier I’m sure this is early stages but at this stage that Honda hand looks more like a cyborg with multiple hands coming out of his armpits. I hope you understand what I’m tryibg to convey but if not I think this is a good example of how to get that effect more realistically from your sculpt. You can clearly see 1 arm still attached to body and effects around that attached arm.

Attachment 116022
Sorry, why in the world you would want a sumo guy that it is not fat? The character is fat mate
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 12:51 AM   #66
MegatronG1
The X-Men

The SF2 E. Honda sprite has definition in his gut. The animated versions as well. Doing otherwise is not respecting the source material. He's fat AND very, very muscular.

I'm not feeling those renders yet. He needs broader shoulders, more barrel chested, less pear shaped. But overall very promising. The intensity is great, better than PCS, which looks lifeless IMO.

I would not display him with the hand slap. I don't care for "action features" in my statues.

I really want to see a different pose, that exudes his character.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 04:21 AM   #67
ovirfo
Fantastic Four

Erick said that Honda was an early job, so he still has a lot of work to do on his belly.
And if they have to do two torsos, surely the second one has a more static pose. And everyone will be happy.
ovirfo is offline   Reply With Quote