Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #10661
Daredevil
Man Without Fear

The Ides of March (2011) 8/10

Tight performances by the lead actors, Gosling and Clooney. The script was intriguing and the movie never felt long. It helps that they had an all star cast.
Daredevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #10662
FROBAY
Phoenix

The Darkest Hour 6/10. Good movie to watch once, don't buy it. Rent it.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #10663
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Wrath of the Titans 6/10. Better CGi but story not as good as the first. It's clear Sam Worthington is not capable of carrying a movie nor is he an actor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nidgit View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you on Sam Worthington. I thought CoT was a bit of mindless fun, but I was fully expecting Perseus to say "G'day Zeus mate, how bout a cold one"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daredevil View Post
I have no idea how Hollywood thinks he can be the lead.

He was barely adequate in Avatar in a generic "John Smith" role. People saw it for the 3D gimmick.

I'm not impressed with any of his movies.. he sorta has the same expressions in every one of them.
I don't understand all the negativity towards Worthington. He doesn't really have range and won't be bringing home any Oscars, but the guy is surely adequate.

Again, I am not implying he is a "good" actor, but his performances are not so bad that they take me out of the narrative. He is just there, and more often than not that is enough for the types of films he has been cast in.

He's playing Perseus, a mythological hero fighting monsters and gods for crying out loud. How much depth do you need a character like that to have?
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #10664
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Fantasia (original)
⋆⋆⋆½
This is a difficult movie to rate. I saw it when I was younger but I think you have to be an adult to truly appreciate its accomplishment. There are some fantastic segments, The Sorcerer's Apprentice is my personal favourite (and likely many others'). By today's standards, it's let down by its poor quality sound but the animation is still amongst the best.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #10665
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The sword in the Stone
⋆⋆⋆⋆
Another Disney film I had not seen in a long time. I'd forgotten how clever the story, dialogue and character interactions were. It may very well be Disney's best non-princess movie.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:44 PM   #10666
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Hunger Games. 8/10

Could have used a touch more background. At times unnecessary jerky camera angle.

Solid acting by Jennifer Lawrence and others. Really makes me excited for Catching Fire and Mockingjay.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 AM   #10667
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I don't understand all the negativity towards Worthington. He doesn't really have range and won't be bringing home any Oscars, but the guy is surely adequate.

Again, I am not implying he is a "good" actor, but his performances are not so bad that they take me out of the narrative. He is just there, and more often than not that is enough for the types of films he has been cast in.

He's playing Perseus, a mythological hero fighting monsters and gods for crying out loud. How much depth do you need a character like that to have?
That's true, but in a recent interview (promoting Wrath) even Worthington himself admitted his performance in Clash was pretty woeful
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:39 PM   #10668
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

The Hunger Games 6/10

Sooo many things put me off this film. Stanley Tucci as a cross between a smurf and a sumo wrestler, Donald Sutherland as Santa Claus, Elizabeth Banks as the MOST OBNOXIOUS character ever!!! Have they no style in the future?! Got off to a very slow start, very teeny, no proper violence, what is all the fuss about?!

Electric Man 8/10 An Indie film very much comic based that will be making the british cons this year. A lot of fun! Go and see it if you have the chance!
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #10669
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Wrath of the Titans 6/10. Better CGi but story not as good as the first. It's clear Sam Worthington is not capable of carrying a movie nor is he an actor.
the first one had a good story?????
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #10670
bat_collector
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
The Hunger Games 6/10

Sooo many things put me off this film. Stanley Tucci as a cross between a smurf and a sumo wrestler, Donald Sutherland as Santa Claus, Elizabeth Banks as the MOST OBNOXIOUS character ever!!! Have they no style in the future?! Got off to a very slow start, very teeny, no proper violence, what is all the fuss about?!
She played the character exactly as she was written. In fact ,all of them were faithful, to me.
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote