Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

View Poll Results: Are you for or against Markus and McFeely writing the next Superman Movie
I'm for it. 10 71.43%
I'm against it. 2 14.29%
I'm not sure. 2 14.29%
I don't care. 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-30-2019, 12:28 PM   #11
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
I agree with your comparisons of Cap and Supes and Thor and Wonder Woman. I like this idea and would love to see what Markus and McFeely could do. I wouldn't just want an MCU copy film and I would think they'd try to keep it from being that, wouldn't they?
I don't think they mean to "copy" the Cap films when they say give him the Cap treatment, but I do think the Cap films were some of the most true to the comics, even swiping some scene's directly. The only thing that I can recall being updated in any real sense is Bucky's age, but they were never going to put a 16 year-old in that much danger.

I think if they did a Superman film with as much reverence for the source Material as the Cap films it actually might be truly outstanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
To be fair, WB asked him to finish it midway and to try and change the tone of the film. We got a horrible hybrid Snyder/Whedon film which fell flat on it's face.

I believe we would of gotten a totally different film if Whedon was able to create it himself from scratch.
I completely agree, the reverse is also true, had Snyder been able to complete his film what we saw would have been completely different. I probably still wouldn't have liked it, but it least it wouldn't have been this mixture of water and oil that no one could really digest.

I honestly don't think Warner knows who to give these characters to, or how to judge who they are giving them to and got really lucky with Patty Jenkins and James Wan.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:09 PM   #12
built2shred
Phoenix

Originally WB wanted Nolan to head up all their DC Movies but he turned it down because he wanted to make other types of movies and not be stuck making only superhero ones.

I think if Nolan would of stayed we would of had some awesome movies...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 06:30 PM   #13
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Originally WB wanted Nolan to head up all their DC Movies but he turned it down because he wanted to make other types of movies and not be stuck making only superhero ones.

I think if Nolan would of stayed we would of had some awesome movies...
See I like Nolans films but I'm not sure he's suited for every Comic IP. I think he was perfect for a solo Batman series, but maybe not for the JL.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:31 AM   #14
Zipperd
Doh!

I've always admired people who write scripts. After all, it is necessary to have remarkable writing skills and be fully aware to create such cool texts.
I realized from my own example how difficult it is when I started writing my own essay. I did not succeed, because I did not know how to write everything concisely and interestingly. So I turned to the service https://papersowl.com/write-essay-for-money, who was able to write an essay for money and did it very well and professionally. I was amazed at how quickly everything was done, they are real professionals.
Zipperd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:19 AM   #15
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I'm not sure...

The Avengers films were big hits but The general audiance believe Thor The Dark World was probably one the worst Marvel films ever. I think it was ok. I liked Malekith and The Dark Elves. Dark Elves are my favorite D&D race anyway... But i don't want to have another Superman III in my hands where i adore the film and general audiance just don't like it... xD

I didn't like the first Captain America film, much, even if i liked Chris Evans in the role. The second and third films were amazing though. I wish They made the Winter Soldier the next Captain America... Just like in the comics. That would be alot better than The Falcon and Winter Soldier garbage.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:06 AM   #16
nickfury23
Doh!

Attention all students and learners! If you need help with your homework, we have great news for you. I suggest you to use Essay Edge coupon code 2024 to get a discount on ordering your academic projects https://nocramming.com/essayedge-promo-code . A team of professionals is ready to support you in your academic difficulties. Don't miss the chance to save time and get great results!
nickfury23 is offline   Reply With Quote