Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-15-2023, 10:31 AM   #21
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
There was real 80's villian vibe to the performance.
Many were played over the top, and you really really hate them.
I like when Star Lord said something of "I don't need another speech from a narcissist that mother didn't love them" roughly. The High Evoluntionary is just cold, cruel, and hurts others to achieve his vision of "perfection".
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 06:25 PM   #22
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
There was real 80's villian vibe to the performance.
Many were played over the top, and you really really hate them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yeah, maybe the best villain performance we've seen in a comic movie.
He (Chukwudi Iwuji) was amazing. I didn?t think he was over the top or a farce of a villain. His level of crazy seemed so real (bc?well?it kinda is). If another actor should get an Oscar nomination for a Marvel film, it?s Iwuji. He was just as fantastic in his role as AB was in Wakanda Forever.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 06:32 PM   #23
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I just thought about the fact that the High Evolutionary would have been a great way to bring in Mister Sinister or mutants.
Old 05-15-2023, 07:39 PM   #24
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Another Howard the Duck cameo gets my approval.

I also liked the name drop of the Ani-Men from the old Daredevil and X-Men comics.

Edit: Although I'm reading now it was a reference to the other team of Animen who appeared only once in Scarlet Spider Unlimited #1. Very obscure!
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2023, 09:00 PM   #25
AC_808
Hercules

Interestingly, that's not how I pictured or imagined the High Evolutionary when I used to read the comics. Always thought of him as being calculated and even keeled. Kinda like Reed Richard.

But with that said, I still enjoyed the portrayal of the character in GotG 3. And the back story of Rocket was awesome. Now I know why he could put together devices on the fly like he does.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 04:33 PM   #26
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mepaphoros View Post
Yeah, maybe the best villain performance we've seen in a comic movie.
I don't think so. Best villain performances are Jack Nicholson, Joker and Heath Legder, Joker. I don't add Joachin Phoenix, Joker because his joker was more of an anti-hero.

High Evolutionary was kind of over the top because that kind of hot headed, crazy maniac can't get at high places, if you ask me. Especially can't build an intergalactic corpared empire on genetic engeenering. Only creates bunch of Frankenstein monsters in his basement then get cought for inhuman experiments on humans and animals and put away in an asylum.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:10 AM   #27
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I don't think so. Best villain performances are Jack Nicholson, Joker and Heath Legder, Joker. I don't add Joachin Phoenix, Joker because his joker was more of an anti-hero.

High Evolutionary was kind of over the top because that kind of hot headed, crazy maniac can't get at high places, if you ask me. Especially can't build an intergalactic corpared empire on genetic engeenering. Only creates bunch of Frankenstein monsters in his basement then get cought for inhuman experiments on humans and animals and put away in an asylum.
You mean he is like a cosmic Mengele? Yea, that's not scary or villainous at all.....
Old 05-18-2023, 08:36 AM   #28
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You mean he is like a cosmic Mengele? Yea, that's not scary or villainous at all.....
I didn't say he wasn't scary or he wasn't evil. If he lived in intergalactic nazi empire, he would reach at high places for sure, yeah. I am just saying he can't have a high place in something like current world order. People even lose their ---- when some scientists talk about human cloning or modifiying human dna... No one lets someone like high evolutionary do what he did or keep on doing in something like a current world order.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 09:49 AM   #29
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I didn't say he wasn't scary or he wasn't evil. If he lived in intergalactic nazi empire, he would reach at high places for sure, yeah. I am just saying he can't have a high place in something like current world order. People even lose their ---- when some scientists talk about human cloning or modifiying human dna... No one lets someone like high evolutionary do what he did or keep on doing in something like a current world order.
But the High Evolutionary doesn't operate on Earth He's a galactic rogue who doesn't give a f*ck about morals and ethical codes.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 10:37 AM   #30
Shoo
Hercules

I saw it yesterday. This was the most heartbreaking moment to me.

Spoiler
The first time they put Rocket into the cage with the rest of animals they've been experimenting on, and his first word is a woeful high-pitched cry: "Hurts!".

I mean, the fate of his new friends you could more or less see coming - not that it wasn't moving all the same, particularly Rocket's reaction after Lylla is shot down, but that part just... killed me. I can't stand seeing an animal suffer, let alone one that articulates it.

Damn you, James Gunn.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote