Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-11-2023, 03:37 AM   #1
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Star Wars: Dawn Of The Jedi

Buckle up kiddies, we're finally going to WAY back into the past, to the Old Repub...er, before that even, 25000 years ago. James Mangold is directing, he did Logan, I'm in! He goes on to say...

The idea of where it all started. To make a Star Wars Zero, if you will. "Where was the Force born?" To me a movie always has to have a question to answer. Some singular thing that you can say it's about. Not just connecting plot of who built this when and who's gonna defeat, but what's it about? And to me this is about this discovery.

So the symbol used in the timeline is very similar to the Prime Jedi symbol seen on Ahch-To

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:44 AM   #2
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Haha...was just telling SonicBoom about this.

Really looking forward to this one.

You just had to use a pic with Rey, didn't ya?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:49 AM   #3
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

His comment inspired us both to post about it at the same time, great minds and all...and yeah, Rey, you know you love her
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 08:58 AM   #4
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Sounds interesting for sure!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:18 AM   #5
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I was just thinking that we needed to know how the force was discovered. I'm tired of all this mystery. Who invented the lightsaber? Inquiring minds need to know. I'll watch it just to see new Jedi and Sith on screen.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:58 PM   #6
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Eh, i hope it doesn't suck ass like the squel trilogy.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 12:59 PM   #7
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Eh, i hope it doesn't suck ass like the sucky trilogy.
Fixed that for ya.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:01 PM   #8
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
Fixed that for ya.
Thanks
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:44 PM   #9
MrYac
Hercules

this sounds like an amazing idea, everybody truly loved the last time they tried to explain the force to us so i'm sure an entire movie dedicated to that concept will be a surefire hit and a story we'll reminisce about for generations to come. and i'm totally sure it won't be explained in one of those cyclical time paradoxes where some prominent beloved brand new overpowered force user travels back in time and becomes the focal point of all Jedi or anything like that.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 02:33 PM   #10
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I was just thinking that we needed to know how the force was discovered. I'm tired of all this mystery. Who invented the lightsaber? Inquiring minds need to know. I'll watch it just to see new Jedi and Sith on screen.
Well, I don't think you'll get that, technically.

The Jedi and Sith are just two groups that formed who use the Force according to their own dogma. And they weren't founded for thousands of years after whenever beings first 'felt' what they described as the Force. So, unless the movie jumps forward in time quite a bit, you'll probably have to wait for a proper "Old Republic" era movie.

Also, lightsabers weren't created until long after the Force was discovered, about 4-5 thousand years BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin). Protosabers preceded them by a couple thousand years.

Or maybe you'll get lucky and Disney will retcon everything I just said, since they're going back 25,000 years AND calling the movie "Dawn of the JEDI".

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
this sounds like an amazing idea, everybody truly loved the last time they tried to explain the force to us so i'm sure an entire movie dedicated to that concept will be a surefire hit and a story we'll reminisce about for generations to come. and i'm totally sure it won't be explained in one of those cyclical time paradoxes where some prominent beloved brand new overpowered force user travels back in time and becomes the focal point of all Jedi or anything like that.
Sarcasm noted.

But being the 'dawning', people are likely to have a rudimentary understanding of the Force, so the mysticism will probably be intact.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote