Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-02-2023, 09:30 AM   #1
Cheisa
Doh!

Figurines in scale.

Pretty new, need help figuring out what scales are there's multiple of them 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/5 and those 1:1 versions. But they only show 1 number, however some sites go with D/H/W which I'm guessing is diameter, height, width. I've been searching across the internet to find some "global standard" on these scales but none. I was wondering if people here knew and if you don't mind what's your favorite scale?
Cheisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:27 PM   #2
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheisa View Post
Pretty new, need help figuring out what scales are there's multiple of them 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/5 and those 1:1 versions. But they only show 1 number, however some sites go with D/H/W which I'm guessing is diameter, height, width. I've been searching across the internet to find some "global standard" on these scales but none. I was wondering if people here knew and if you don't mind what's your favorite scale?
Hey, Cheisa... welcome to the hobby! These are great questions that confused most of us when we started collecting.

1/1 scale is easiest... it's life size. So a regular character will be around the same size as a regular person. Something like The Hulk will be massive, but something like Yoda will be around the size of a toddler.

The rest you will get a better idea of once you start buying pieces. Or if you have a local comic store or conventions where you can see statues in person. In general, 1/6 pieces are around 12 inches tall. Character gender, size, pose, and statue base can alter that... but as a general rule of thumb, think roughly a foot high.

H (Height), W (Width), and D/L (Depth or Length) are the actual statue dimensions. So in listings, you should see both scale and measurements. Scale to give you the general idea and exact measurements so you can plan to display. (Additional pro tip that it took me a long time to notice: Statue weight matters, too. Sadly this isn't always listed.)

I have pieces of all scales (except 1/1 or 1/2) and I personally like the more "midsized" scales: 1/4, 1/5, and 1/6.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 12:22 PM   #3
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheisa View Post
check out this thread by Gothamite....probably the best thing to look at
https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=166084
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote