Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 05-04-2023, 02:24 PM   #1
jeremydmc
Black Panther

eBay seller issue.

I will keep names out of this for now. I bought a 1/10 scale statue on eBay 10 days ago. It finally arrived. It was broken into several pieces. I contacted the seller and sent pictures. Here is my message to them and then their response will be listed afterwards.

"Good morning, unfortunately the statue arrived in several pieces. I have included some pictures that were taken as I was opening the package. The head, cape and right hand with the axe have all broken off during shipping. The the hair on the detached head is broken as well. The paint has scratched off in several areas from the broken pieces moving around.

Please contact me with the next steps to take when you have the time."

Here is their response. They are accusing me of breaking the status myself.

"Looks exactly like pieces removed as that?s where they were glued. So no broken pieces at all.

We keep video and images of the package being wrapped and the statue being suspended for records for 3 months for this exact reason.

The statue was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible for that to happen. And no way at all for ?Any? pieces to be moving around scratching anything because with as much packaging and thick as well as small
Bubble tape, impossible. Send images of the packaging."

I am wondering if I should continue trying to speak to them or just go straight to dispute and get my money back. I feel like going back and forth with them will just be a waste of time at this point. Because apparently they have figured out how to do what no other company that makes statues can......absolutely no breakage.

I'm kind of hot under the collar right now so decided to get opinions from others on here before I go any further and cool off for a bit.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:27 PM   #2
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I have not replied but they just sent me another message.

"These parts were intentionally broken off"
Old 05-04-2023, 02:30 PM   #3
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, and another reply. I still have not responded.

"I’m on the phone with EBay now and explaining how you actually broke the pieces off.

I am a professional artisan and have worked for DC comics as well as Marvel, we use industrial lock tight so no
Parts can never be broken but you can twist them off with force which is clearly what you did as we look at the images that you’ve sent. The statue is not destroyed and was shipped suspended in the middle of a box, the shipping was fragile so it was delivered safely to you. Just because you want a discount or have had second thoughts gives you no right to try and scam us. eBay has opened a fraud case against you. We take these accusations seriously"
Old 05-04-2023, 02:34 PM   #4
jeremydmc
Black Panther

WOW, yet another reply.

"It can easily be seen in the images that “You” pulled the pieces off yourself as we use industrial lock tight which will never separate. The statue was made over a year ago so plenty of time for it to dry lol

Smh what a scammer. Nice try!!!!"
Old 05-04-2023, 02:41 PM   #5
nearmint
Phoenix

Yikes. What a nightmare.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
ukshaun
Hercules

Sounds to me like you may as well deal directly with ebay and avoid the seller, as the seller appears to be up to no good.
ebay can good. When a sale does not work out, ebay can be a pain in the butt.

I once purchased a vinyl record display frame, designed to hang on the wall and be opened to allow access to the record. Sold as new. Fact is, there were 2 long scratches on the front window. The product seemed to be new with damage.
What happened next felt like water-torture, continuous exchanges of messages, photo's with the issue failing to be resolved.
Eventually the item item was returned and replaced with an equally damaged item AAARG!

The game the seller appeared to play to was to be polite, but never wanting to resolve the problem.
It went on for weeks and weeks and weeks. I started to loose the will to live..

In the end i got ebay involved. The bottom line was, i wanted the seller to provide a returns label and i wanted my cash returned.

All worked out well in the end. The way it worked out, meant i could not leave negative feedback, which is why the seller probably had great feedback, due to the way they worked the ebay system.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:55 PM   #7
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

Oh wow, looks like you found a real class act there, what a nightmare.
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 02:57 PM   #8
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I have a 646 100% positive feedback as a buyer and seller. There are tons of items in the multiple hundreds and a couple in the thousand range or more but apparently to this seller I waited for a $125 statue to come along to pull a scam on. LOL
Old 05-04-2023, 03:12 PM   #9
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
The statue was not broken in shipping as it would be impossible for that to happen.
That statement alone invalidates anything he has to say, and then he (supposedly) starts a fraud claim with Ebay? What a jackass. There probably isn't any point in responding as he's made it obvious there will be no resolution outside of getting Ebay involved. Bummer you have to deal with this
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 03:29 PM   #10
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Sounds to me like you may as well deal directly with ebay and avoid the seller, as the seller appears to be up to no good.
ebay can good. When a sale does not work out, ebay can be a pain in the butt.

I once purchased a vinyl record display frame, designed to hang on the wall and be opened to allow access to the record. Sold as new. Fact is, there were 2 long scratches on the front window. The product seemed to be new with damage.
What happened next felt like water-torture, continuous exchanges of messages, photo's with the issue failing to be resolved.
Eventually the item item was returned and replaced with an equally damaged item AAARG!

The game the seller appeared to play to was to be polite, but never wanting to resolve the problem.
It went on for weeks and weeks and weeks. I started to loose the will to live..

In the end i got ebay involved. The bottom line was, i wanted the seller to provide a returns label and i wanted my cash returned.

All worked out well in the end. The way it worked out, meant i could not leave negative feedback, which is why the seller probably had great feedback, due to the way they worked the ebay system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
That statement alone invalidates anything he has to say, and then he (supposedly) starts a fraud claim with Ebay? What a jackass. There probably isn't any point in responding as he's made it obvious there will be no resolution outside of getting Ebay involved. Bummer you have to deal with this
Agreed, I am not going to respond to them at all. There is really no point.

They are indeed a nightmare as nearmint and Lonewolf65 said.

I will just get with eBay directly once I get off work.

Thanks for the input. I have also cooled off quite a bit. I am sure if I had replied what I wanted to reply at first it would have only made this more difficult. LOL