Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 02-18-2018, 05:42 PM   #1
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Many Adamantium Members/Traders in the forum?

Hi all, considering becoming an Adamantium Member in the hope of trading my entire collection of Sideshow 1/4 pieces (going right back to the first Hulk/Cap/Thor PFs) for 1/3 pieces to reduce display space. I was thinking of going straight to eBay but if there's a lot of adamantium members and traders, I was hoping it would be better to sort my collection with actual collectors!

I hope this is the right thread for this question, but any advice would be great as looking at around 60 pieces in total to cut down.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 06:32 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Good place to start, unless you are in a hurry.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:42 PM   #3
Colossal

Good stuff - we're moving at the moment and taking everything with us, but in the 8 years at this place, I've barely had space to display anything, and the next place isn't much bigger (not for 60+ pieces!), so I thought why not trade for 1/3 pieces, reduce the amount of space needed for so many and these ones can get proper homes to display them too - I'm worried eBay will just attract flippers.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:27 PM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
I'm worried eBay will just attract flippers.
You can sell on eBay with "Buy It Now" set prices instead of using the auctions feature. If you use the "Accept Offers" option, you can auto-decline low offers.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #5
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Hi all, considering becoming an Adamantium Member in the hope of trading my entire collection of Sideshow 1/4 pieces (going right back to the first Hulk/Cap/Thor PFs) for 1/3 pieces to reduce display space. I was thinking of going straight to eBay but if there's a lot of adamantium members and traders, I was hoping it would be better to sort my collection with actual collectors!

I hope this is the right thread for this question, but any advice would be great as looking at around 60 pieces in total to cut down.
I've tried to sell stuff on here and the freaks board but to be honest, unless it's a sought after piece your probably not going to have luck selling them anytime soon here or on freaks forum...

Ever since all these new companies have saturated the market with new stuff, not a lot of people want to buy the old stuff anymore... unless of course it's considered a "grail" a very sought after statue... those will sell pretty fast on these forums..

I have better luck on Ebay but even there it can take months to sell something.... unless your willing to take like a 50% loss on your statue then it will sell fast..... And no I'm not a flipper, I sell most of my used statues for about 15%-20% less then what I paid for them and even then it can take awhile to sell them....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 05:16 AM   #6
Colossal

Thank you guys, will definitely look here first rather than eBay, especially as I'm hoping to trade the pieces initially rather than sell, so will try my luck shortly!
Old 02-21-2018, 04:06 PM   #7
Colossal

Hi all, just to let you know, I joined the Adamantium Membership and dropped a post there listing all the items I have to offer at the moment, please read the post for details and contact info, thanks for the advice!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...17#post5573317