Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #81
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well, there you go, and unfortunately there I go. I am not going to be buying any of the newly announced statues at these prices. It will have to be something pretty special for me to pay $600 for a statue.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:32 PM   #82
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I think it just means that it won't be available to order everywhere else until after the 30th. EX will only be available at SS, as usual I would imagine. It's most likely Disney giving one of its licensees a jump on sales.
makes sense ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #83
Marvelito

Sand trooper is the last one I'm getting for sure. After that I'll burn my rewards on another one, it just depends which one will get me the most bang for my rewards. I wasn't planning on getting Jango, but with the DRP and Free shipping, not to mention the low price relatively speaking, I may order it. I liked Maul but it's a bit overpriced, same with Kylo.
Old 09-02-2016, 04:42 PM   #84
COI

REALLY cool looking piece, but that price-tag...ouch. I feel for you SW collectors.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:45 PM   #85
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well, there you go, and unfortunately there I go. I am not going to be buying any of the newly announced statues at these prices. It will have to be something pretty special for me to pay $600 for a statue.
I'm with ya. I may get a few to burn out Reward Points but it's going to be few and far between. If Sideshow were to include more display options however I'd possibly reconsider my stance. For example, some switch out arms so the rifle could be carried like the pic below might get me to bite. Not only would I and others feel like I we were actually getting more for our money but you'd entice others to buy multiples as you could display a pair of troopers because they wouldn't be in the exact same pose. Seems like a win/win, but what do I know.

Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 04:48 PM   #86
Marvelito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
If Sideshow were to include more display options however I'd possibly reconsider my stance. For example, some switch out arms so the rifle could be carried like the pic below might get me to bite. Not only would I and others feel like I we were actually getting more for our money but you'd entice others to buy multiples as you could display a pair of troopers because they wouldn't be in the exact same pose. Seems like a win/win, but what do I know.

Well I'm all for switch outs, and I don't know who these "others" you speak of are, but I don't see myself buying multiples at these prices.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #87
SONICobra
Batman

wouldve been an easy order with the same price and incentives as jango, as is gonna have to wait it out - just too pricey. it is AWESOME though
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #88
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well I'm all for switch outs, and I don't know who these "others" you speak of are, but I don't see myself buying multiples at these prices.
Yeah, I definitely couldn't afford multiples but I know there are collectors that splurge on such things.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:16 PM   #89
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

I'm just amazed this has come out so far ahead of the movie.

SS, please allow for first character impressions before releasing PO. I either bite and possibly hate the movie or wait, love the movie, and risk not getting the EX. Not coolio.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 07:44 PM   #90
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
I'm just amazed this has come out so far ahead of the movie.

SS, please allow for first character impressions before releasing PO. I either bite and possibly hate the movie or wait, love the movie, and risk not getting the EX. Not coolio.
eh with how long their ex last, even if you have to jump on the fakelist, you may be alright in terms of being able to get an ex after the movie comes out.

edit: oh wow the release date is in December, nvmd you'll be plenty fine no reason to fret :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote