Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #2971
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocodileRock View Post
I placed it at the deepest right upper corner, I have Bane in the middle of a 3-besta so the source of the light remains hidden which is nice to the overall effect.
Oh absolutely, if it wasn't hidden it would shatter the illusion. I might have to set something similar up with my Bane. Good job brother!
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 01:45 PM   #2972
BDoggWhite
Birdman

Scored the EX at retail this week! Amazing presence!
BDoggWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #2973
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I regret returning him. I'll probably try and pick him up down the road.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #2974
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDoggWhite View Post
Scored the EX at retail this week! Amazing presence!
it really is an excellent piece. The sculpt is one of the best from SS in a long while, congrats!!
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #2975
Amazing Peter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

One of my favorite pieces,best looking bane out there
Amazing Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 06:17 PM   #2976
BB&WSF
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Resurrecting this old thread as I am confused. Not confused about which one I should buy (the OG or new one), but because I do not understand how suddenly people have started not just nitpicking, but completely shunning the OG. (Always wanted to get the OG, hopefully will be getting him in sometime)

Kind of strange that a statue once revered (few weeks ago) starts getting trashed because now it's "too huge", "hulkish", "exaggerated", and what not! Don't know if certain folks are 'enablers' / 'influencers' (for SS) on social media, or the new Bane is actually 'out of this world, crazy good' statue. I know it is the classic Bane, I understand, but to say OG is massive (and hence, a dimwit and 'not a strategist' ) and trashing it sounds quite weird.

There, I had to say this. Thank you for reading!
BB&WSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #2977
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post
Resurrecting this old thread as I am confused. Not confused about which one I should buy (the OG or new one), but because I do not understand how suddenly people have started not just nitpicking, but completely shunning the OG. (Always wanted to get the OG, hopefully will be getting him in sometime)

Kind of strange that a statue once revered (few weeks ago) starts getting trashed because now it's "too huge", "hulkish", "exaggerated", and what not! Don't know if certain folks are 'enablers' / 'influencers' (for SS) on social media, or the new Bane is actually 'out of this world, crazy good' statue. I know it is the classic Bane, I understand, but to say OG is massive (and hence, a dimwit and 'not a strategist' ) and trashing it sounds quite weird.

Kind of a confrontational comment but here is my take.

I prefer the old PF but can see the argument that he is only a brute in this depiction. Bane is one of Batman's most dangerous foes possessing both intelligence and strength. He was also depicted as a mindless Hulk like villain in the first Arkham Asylum game and in Batman And Robin (the one with Mr. Freeze and Poison Ivy) and lots of fans hated it. That is why some people prefer the new maquette.

The maquette clearly depicts intelligence along with strength. He is also standing straight up which is rare for a big character in the statue game. So I can see the points arguing for the new maquette.

All said and done I'm completely happy with my PF. I feel the destroyed bat symbol is a better symbolism for his destruction of Batman than the Batmobile parts. I also don't like the suit design exposing his abs (I know it is classic but it looks goofy for such a serious comic villain).

I keep seeing Borat when I see his Bane's classic suit. Tank top for the win.
darren1228 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:41 PM   #2978
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB&WSF View Post

Maybe because at the time, it was the only one and people weren’t going to complain. Now that this one is coming out, some people don’t need to appreciate the OG? I don’t know. Seems silly to me. The “OG” was released in 2017, right? All those 3 years ago...ha!
Personally I don’t like the singlet outfit on the new Bane.
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #2979
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I keep seeing Borat when I see his Bane's classic suit. Tank top for the win.
Borat's banana hammock can't be unseen
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 11:51 PM   #2980
pau123
Sailor Moon

Borat is the man hahaha
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote