Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-20-2019, 05:34 PM   #651
Comicbookguy
Hercules

3K Pieces? Yes It's a x-men......... it will sell out right? Might as well make 5-10k it will sell out ....in time...... :/
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #652
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Sideshow must have some big warehouses holding all this inventory they have and coming soon. Yeah buddy for fire sales!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:19 PM   #653
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

It will eventually sell out but es is way too high. Reg or fail. Remember Dark Phoenix was total 6500 eS. I thought that was ridiculously too high.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #654
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It will eventually sell out but es is way too high. Reg or fail. Remember Dark Phoenix was total 6500 eS. I thought that was ridiculously too high.
Yes it will sell out, some will sell at 30-50%. Maybe the losses will come from the original buyers who paid full prices, selling second hand...But it will sell out.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 01:11 AM   #655
Peedi
The Secret Six

I’m definitely replacing old Jean with this one, it looks a LOT better overall. I normally want the Rxclusives on X-Men but this one makes zero sense to me. I’ll get a regular at some point.

Dark Phoenix had a higher total ES but overall this is a more popular look for Jean as she’s been seen more consistently in this outfit across a lot of media since 1991.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:52 AM   #656
built2shred
Phoenix

The EX is just weird looking with the flames coming out of her shoulders but the Reg. edition does look nice... But I do feel the color of the base flames make it look a bit cheap, toyish even. If someone repainted them with a more realistic look it would be a sweet statue..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:43 PM   #657
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
The EX is just weird looking with the flames coming out of her shoulders but the Reg. edition does look nice... But I do feel the color of the base flames make it look a bit cheap, toyish even. If someone repainted them with a more realistic look it would be a sweet statue..
What color would they be? Sideshow went comic accurate with the color. Pink is what her powers have always been in the comics across every version of her. Even in the original Phoenix/Dark Phoenix comics, there was no fire, it was all pink energy.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:40 PM   #658
SkyWalker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Fix her left arm.
SkyWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 06:33 PM   #659
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
What color would they be? Sideshow went comic accurate with the color. Pink is what her powers have always been in the comics across every version of her. Even in the original Phoenix/Dark Phoenix comics, there was no fire, it was all pink energy.
So she's creating psionic pink flames? I'm not sure I've seen her do that before in any comic, usually she's associated with real fire.. I get her psionic powers but IMO SS could of come up with a better base to show them. just a personal preference... overall the statue still looks good minus the neck flames on the ex.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:25 PM   #660
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

These action poses are cool but a little concerned with gravity and the engineering on pieces with a single contact point with a metal peg into polyresin. Small tolerances for where most of the weight is.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote