Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-16-2019, 04:42 PM   #251
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
This looks great! Such an improvement from the original PF.

vs

Clawing his way back to the top, this magnificent beast unleashed once more. Oh Sideshow, how far we’ve come.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #252
srttoz
Mephisto

The long hair is actually growing on me. I'll probably display the EX most of the time but the normal head is still cool af.
srttoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 10:44 PM   #253
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by srttoz View Post
The long hair is actually growing on me. I'll probably display the EX most of the time but the normal head is still cool af.

Funny, I always liked the long haired portrait from the very beginning, and had to warm-up to the EX, but both are excellent renditions, capturing the character’s savage nature beautifully.

If I had to make any changes, it would be a less stylized approach to the design/sculpt of brows, chops, and hair, going for a slightly more realistic look. I would also have liked his face to have more weathering, creases, wrinkles, to again have a slightly more realistic take. He looks plenty scary now, but would look that much scarier with added facial detail. Great, great sculpt though.
Old 06-22-2019, 01:05 PM   #254
srttoz
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
I don't get Sideshow's fascination with Sabretooth. 1st premium format took forever to sell out, 2nd variant PF was on sale for the longest time, and now we are getting another one.

This is coming from a huge Sabretooth fan...hopefully we'll see a more traditional short haired portrait. My favorite interpretation has always been from the Capcom games....berserker claw!!!!
I think it has less to do with Sideshows 'fascination' with Sabretooth and more to do with the fact that they weren't happy with the PJ one. The 2nd one was made to make people happy for the non pajama crowd but it still was the same mold and missing all the detail the statue should have had. I think with them going balls out with the X-Men line they figured lets do Sabretooth justice finally and it looks like they did it.
Old 06-22-2019, 08:37 PM   #255
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
I think it has less to do with Sideshows 'fascination' with Sabretooth and more to do with the fact that they weren't happy with the PJ one. The 2nd one was made to make people happy for the non pajama crowd but it still was the same mold and missing all the detail the statue should have had. I think with them going balls out with the X-Men line they figured lets do Sabretooth justice finally and it looks like they did it.
I can see your point that they didn't like the pajama version but don't see your reasoning for the second one. The classic Sabretooth was a rehashed sculpt yes but they took time to resculpt his costume, hands, feet, etc. It was not the same mould. It wasn't like they were stuck with the mould and couldn't put in more detail.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:59 PM   #256
AC_808
Hercules

I was actually surprised that they rehashed this version. Its the costume that I don't have of Sabertooth, yet. And they made it fully sculpted, so even better.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:59 PM   #257
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
I was actually surprised that they rehashed this version. Its the costume that I don't have of Sabertooth, yet. And they made it fully sculpted, so even better.
This is definitely a HUGE improvement over the OG PF for me personally. The PJs on that piece were just horrible IMO. I really do like the fully sculpted classic variant though. Besides the doggie bowl base, I think it looks sharp.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 04:49 PM   #258
srttoz
Mephisto

This is the pic that sold me. The musculature on this piece is just outstanding.

Old 06-29-2019, 02:12 PM   #259
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Funny, I always liked the long haired portrait from the very beginning, and had to warm-up to the EX, but both are excellent renditions, capturing the character’s savage nature beautifully.

If I had to make any changes, it would be a less stylized approach to the design/sculpt of brows, chops, and hair, going for a slightly more realistic look. I would also have liked his face to have more weathering, creases, wrinkles, to again have a slightly more realistic take. He looks plenty scary now, but would look that much scarier with added facial detail. Great, great sculpt though.
Only changes i'd make would be to tone down the musculature and make the tip of his boots less pointier.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:25 AM   #260
Divo

Quote:
This is the pic that sold me. The musculature on this piece is just outstanding.

Yeah, what a great pic. But every pic of this beautiful sculpt is a sell for me, as he looks great from every angle. In hand, we will be blown away.