Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 05-13-2017, 09:22 PM   #231
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Hey Chris... since tomorrow is Mothers Day and Cat Girl is the mother of all Frazetta statues, can we get an update? Maybe with a pic or two?
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 11:26 PM   #232
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

You really worked that one out lol
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 10:39 AM   #233
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I really don't know what to think about the base...
From the very beginning, I have this representation by Ken Calvert in mind.
And I have to say I like this base very much.
And I don't have this feeling with Level52's...

Warlock is right. Chris, bring us some new pictures so you make me change my mind !

AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 02:11 PM   #234
The13thWarlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndAlsoTheTrees View Post
I really don't know what to think about the base...
From the very beginning, I have this representation by Ken Calvert in mind.
And I have to say I like this base very much.
And I don't have this feeling with Level52's...

Warlock is right. Chris, bring us some new pictures so you make me change my mind !

This is kind of what my expectations for the piece were, which is why I was guessing it was going to be so much $. I'm guessing at 1:4 scale, for most people this would just be too big.
Old 05-14-2017, 08:03 PM   #235
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

I don't think it was a size thing, more likely logistics. I imagine Level52 wants to rotocast the base, in which case it would be hollow. When they were considering this approach I think they either weren't considering the vines or intended them to be really thin. The cat likely couldn't realistically be rotocast so would be solid and heavy. I think they were thinking it would be too much weight on the unsupported tree branch.

I do like this base layout better and it looks like he did what I was thinking in my earlier post which was to beef up the vines and intertwine them which would allow them to be basically a support post for the tree.

The Level52 looks awesome and I will certainly wait until it is finished to judge but as of now their base looks more like a portal or something than a natural tree.

but I will buy it of course, regardless. I doubt this other one would ever be produced. The Frazettas will protect their licenses I know that. He would get a C & D order immediately I would think if he produced it.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:51 PM   #236
Level52
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So to clear some things up we actual own Ken's piece. When we first got the license we purchased his sculpt. The issue is that the more we looked at it and poured over it the more we realized it didn't work as a composition. Especially when compared to the original painting. The broken off tree was jarring and constantly Drew the eye left. It just wouldn't work. So we had to rework it. While doing so we noticed a lot of anatomical errors, and also realized no attention was paid to back of the sculpt, so the panthers anatomy was off, so was hers and Production wise it wouldn't work.
Our redesign takes into account the weight of the panther, and the tree it self, the main shape of the painting and how to make it work as a sculpt in composition.

We think what's to come will be a very good representation. Again, we trying to make a 2d painting into a workable legacy 3d statue, there needed to be some change.

I will post images once I get them from the sculptor. Thanks for hanging tight.

-Chris
Level52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 07:53 AM   #237
AndAlsoTheTrees
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the explanation very much appreciated.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to criticize or devalue your work. Just wanted to express my feeling and my disappointment due to what I had in mind.
The Cat Girl is awsome and I'm sure the base will also be!
I love your work so far, I love your communication so far, I love your business practices so far...
OH S***T ! Writing this, I realize I might be in love with you...
Chris... I want to meet your parents !
AndAlsoTheTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:42 AM   #238
NamesJay
The Spirit

I'm very eager to see more progress pictures of this beautiful statue. I'm getting anxious to plop some money down :-)
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:21 AM   #239
The13thWarlock

I wish they had their own section. I always have to sift through a bunch of marvel threads to get here... yeah, yeah, I know the 8,000 sculpt of deadpool is important, but I want to see some Frazetta stuff!!!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #240
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by The13thWarlock View Post
I wish they had their own section. I always have to sift through a bunch of marvel threads to get here... yeah, yeah, I know the 8,000 sculpt of deadpool is important, but I want to see some Frazetta stuff!!!
You can just "subscribe" to this thread using thread tools or you are automatically subscribed when you post in a thread and then if you click on "User CP" all threads that you are subscribed to that have posts since your last visit will appear.

but yeah, a Level52 section would be cool. I think once they put out a couple things they will probably get one.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote