Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 08-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #221
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
I think, correct me if I'm wrong, that the deposits are fully refundable. I've been thinking about going that route if the ESs are too high and buying them after release. It's an option at least.
To the best of my knowledge you are correct.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:07 PM   #222
Primus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

All very valid points, but I've been collecting for quite some time. Well before Bowen Designs came in to exsistance, most of what I have from then is basically worthless now. Franklin mint, Warner brothers statues, early D.C. Direct, and phase 1 bowens to name a few. Personally I wouldn't sell something for 10 dollars that I paid 100 for. I've always collected only what I like regardless of trends so even if I don't display my warner brother Superman statue because let's face it sculpting has come a long long way since then but to me it's interesting to see my collections progression. I guess that what I'm saying is that most likely the statues we collect today will ultimately end up in yard sales for pennies on the dollar years from now. So my advice is to buy pieces that speak to you personally and not worry about collectibility down the road so much. How many Antique stores are there, and how often have you actually shopped in one? It appears to me that our society is fixated on new things more and more, only the xtreamly rare and truly one of a kind items stand the test of time, and mass produced superhero statues are sadly not one of them. So collect what you like, and enjoy it while you can!
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #223
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
So far this is my complaint about Tweeterhead. They say something and then they do not follow through. I'm not ES extremist but why post that Harley PO ends on 8/15 noon and then keep her available? Also last week we were supposed to get a list on what's to come and that didn't happen.
I agree as a statue company you have to do what you say. If you say the PO ends at this date and time and you do not follow through going forward we can not trust your word. Look at DC direct all there stuff ALWAYS sells less than retail because we know the bloated ES and the eventual re release.

Another HUGE pet peeve is this open ES thing. Back in the bowen days we knew the edtion sizes BEFORE we ordered. As people have mentioned if its a bloated ES does not mean I will not get it but I may wait until aftermarket since I know it will probably go down in price.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #224
xforce
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
All very valid points, but I've been collecting for quite some time. Well before Bowen Designs came in to exsistance, most of what I have from then is basically worthless now. Franklin mint, Warner brothers statues, early D.C. Direct, and phase 1 bowens to name a few. Personally I wouldn't sell something for 10 dollars that I paid 100 for. I've always collected only what I like regardless of trends so even if I don't display my warner brother Superman statue because let's face it sculpting has come a long long way since then but to me it's interesting to see my collections progression. I guess that what I'm saying is that most likely the statues we collect today will ultimately end up in yard sales for pennies on the dollar years from now. So my advice is to buy pieces that speak to you personally and not worry about collectibility down the road so much. How many Antique stores are there, and how often have you actually shopped in one? It appears to me that our society is fixated on new things more and more, only the xtreamly rare and truly one of a kind items stand the test of time, and mass produced superhero statues are sadly not one of them. So collect what you like, and enjoy it while you can!

Well said not many hold the test of time and even when they do there is always another Grail down the pike.
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:03 AM   #225
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
With all the new companies coming out with a glutton of statues it's just increasing the effect of devaluing used statues.... That's why I think this hobbies bubble is going to burst soon... This is for the most part a very expensive hobby (unless your a multi-millionaire, prices go up every 6 months). Back when it was fairly new, you could make a $10k investment in this hobby and then when new stuff came out you could easily sell the older statues to pay for the newer ones... That's not the case anymore, used statues are already selling on Ebay for 20%-30% of their MRSP, give it another year and I bet that will be like 50%-60%...

I've been selling off a lot of my older stuff and I'm cheery picking the pieces I want to finish up my collection and then I'm done... Although I'll probably still collect the 1/10th stuff
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 09:58 AM   #226
grphyx1
Kingpin

All of the points you have mentioned have been forwarded to Chad and he hopes to have answers for you. One thing to keep in mind is that there is Chad and Debbie that comprises Tweeterhead. There will be growing pains, but I don't anticipate any disappointment from collectors in getting a version of characters that they love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I thought 15th was the last day to order Harley?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
Must've forgotten or maybe P.O.s aren't as high as they want?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
That's what they claimed. That decision didn't make much sense to me though given the other two pieces could drive sales further, so I'm really not surprised she's still available for pre-order.

All that being said I sure hope Tweeterhead doesn't get carried away with edition sizes. I also think it's important when you're a new company trying to develop interest in a line that you follow through with what you say and build trust with the collecting community.
Quote:
So far this is my complaint about Tweeterhead. They say something and then they do not follow through. I'm not ES extremist but why post that Harley PO ends on 8/15 noon and then keep her available? Also last week we were supposed to get a list on what's to come and that didn't happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I literally have to give them away for free here in Aus.
Seriousy though I am not being petty,I just don't want to pay retail for something that will be in the thousands, it's not collectible anymore by my standards.
I want collectibilty to come back to the hobby otherwise it won't survive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Yeah, I was going to ask them about that on Facebook. I was looking forward to seeing this list.
Quote:
Another thing is they almost never reply to anything on their fb page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xforce View Post
I agree as a statue company you have to do what you say. If you say the PO ends at this date and time and you do not follow through going forward we can not trust your word. Look at DC direct all there stuff ALWAYS sells less than retail because we know the bloated ES and the eventual re release.

Another HUGE pet peeve is this open ES thing. Back in the bowen days we knew the edtion sizes BEFORE we ordered. As people have mentioned if its a bloated ES does not mean I will not get it but I may wait until aftermarket since I know it will probably go down in price.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #227
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Arrow

Harley is now listed as "Out of Stock"
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:09 PM   #228
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Harley is now listed as "Out of Stock"
That's good. I was a little amused by how quickly we went from "this is the best new line ever" to turning on them for not taking down Harley when they said they would...even though I agreed with the complaints.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:17 PM   #229
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I'll chalk the delay on HQ being sold out as a simple oversight. No big deal IMO as long as it's not the start of a pattern. Hoping we get an ES sooner rather than later now that they know how many orders are in the bag.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #230
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
I'll chalk the delay on HQ being sold out as a simple oversight. No big deal IMO as long as it's not the start of a pattern. Hoping we get an ES sooner rather than later now that they know how many orders are in the bag.
I was told that we should know within week or two.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote