Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-16-2017, 09:27 PM   #921
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Don't think any apology needed, Alex. We love you coming on here. You've always been great.

I do have to say that with the rising prices of the pieces, it would go a long way to start seeing some $50 promos replace the standard $25. $25 was cool when we were paying $300 and with the exchange I'm paying another 30% premium plus shipping and duty. Let's go!
It sounds like you're an international collector? Is that correct? If you are, you should be receiving $25 codes when a new order ships to you (if you ordered directly from Sideshow from a full Sideshow account and not through a guest account). You can 'bank' up to $50 in those codes to use on any new order of a Pre-Order or In-Stock item. If you hold onto the $50 (which some people do because there isn't something they want right away) then you wouldn't be able to accrue any more until you start spending $25 or more (or the amounts start expiring out) of the $50 already 'banked'.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:35 PM   #922
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
It sounds like you're an international collector? Is that correct? If you are, you should be receiving $25 codes when a new order ships to you (if you ordered directly from Sideshow from a full Sideshow account and not through a guest account). You can 'bank' up to $50 in those codes to use on any new order of a Pre-Order or In-Stock item. If you hold onto the $50 (which some people do because there isn't something they want right away) then you wouldn't be able to accrue any more until you start spending $25 or more (or the amounts start expiring out) of the $50 already 'banked'.
While I appreciate receiving those codes, I find they expire far too quickly to ever make use of them. For example, I just got a $25 code for ordering Groot. But the next two things I'm planning to order are Swamp Thing and Red Sonja. The code expires September 1st so there's no way it will still be active when either of those go up for order. I don't think I've ever manged to use one of those $25 codes before they expired.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:42 PM   #923
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

BTW, Happy Birthday Alex!
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 PM   #924
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post

To me, it felt like you were saying "don't complain or we'll make it worse." I'm not trying to be rude or offensive to you either but I feel like this entire thing is getting so ridiculous. $1.50 code for 3 minutes??? Down from $3.00??? Like, I just feel like this is getting out of hand. Half the time, I feel like this is the hardest I've ever worked for $3.00, and it only benefits people who can be glued to social media when I can't. It's frustrating, and I'm not exactly getting the feeling people are getting why it's frustrating to some people. I'm sorry if I'm rude to you but I just want there to be some understanding. Of course I'm happy if I get some, but the situation is frustrating when I simply can't participate.
I can certainly understand the frustration and the non-frustration from folks. Codes lasting for longer time periods are unlikely to happen but we do try to spread them out at all various times of the day (in our time zone and those outside our time zones and this is why folks are seeing them pop up at times outside of the normal U.S. ones) to give opportunities for our international collectors to grab some too.

Also, people can subscribe to appropriate threads (like the one sticked for codes in this forum now) to receive almost instant notifications when a post occurs in that thread and thus giving them a greater chance of snagging codes (Bill seems to be fastest to post here about new codes...go Bill!). Folks can also sign-up for notifications from Facebook and I believe also twitter that can send push notifications to their mobile device when any posts happen and thus upping a better chance of snagging a code.

These code drops are likely to continue for a while longer and will definitely be part of larger upcoming events that will be occurring (Spooktacular for example) in which the opportunity to possibly snap up some free reward points in larger amounts (i.e.: above $3) will more than likely happen.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:49 PM   #925
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
While I appreciate receiving those codes, I find they expire far too quickly to ever make use of them. For example, I just got a $25 code for ordering Groot. But the next two things I'm planning to order are Swamp Thing and Red Sonja. The code expires September 1st so there's no way it will still be active when either of those go up for order. I don't think I've ever manged to use one of those $25 codes before they expired.
So sorry that they haven't been a benefit for you yet. :-(
Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 PM   #926
bicoid18
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Hello Alex and Happy Birthday! I'm an international collector as well and I do find that the bankable codes do expire far to quickly. I have $50 that is expiring at the end of the month. Unfortunately a few items that were teased during SDCC aren't up for PO yet. Has SS considered extending the expiry dates on these and the $20 codes as well? Also, with the jump in shipping rates and import taxs in countries such as Canada, UK, and Australia, is there any chance in increasing the bankable amount to say $75 to help alleviate these costs?

Thank you and I really appreciate that SS does offer up these codes as well as the random RP codes. They really do help.
bicoid18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:11 PM   #927
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
YOU SHOULD BE SO GRATEFUL THEY EVEN GAVE YOU THE THREE MINUTE OPPURTUNITY FOR THE $1.50 SO YOU CAN GO TO THE CORNER STORE AND BUY HALF A CANDY BAR YOU UNGRATEFUL.
How about you ---- right off. Especially, since I've seen comments from you complaining about the same thing. Thanks and have a nice day.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:30 PM   #928
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
How about you ---- right off. Especially, since I've seen comments from you complaining about the same thing. Thanks and have a nice day.
Dude, I was joking...
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:36 PM   #929
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Dude, I was joking...
Try making it funny next time. That might help people realize it was supposed to be a joke.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 11:42 PM   #930
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Try making it funny next time. That might help people realize it was supposed to be a joke.
Well it was more just of an over exaggeration of the people who are expecting everyone to be happy over the "free money" based on what I took to be sarcasm in your comment about how we are supposed to be happy. I'll remember to spell it out that I'm joking next time I respond to you.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote