Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM   #11
Frankierock
Omega Red

I think today was more of just giving Sony the Finger, then showing off the console. They showed Exclusives with the NFL, Spielberg and had Call of Duty let Everyone know Xbox will get all things Call of Duty first. (which actually will hurt sony sales a bit) But as for the Console itself as a game system we know nothing new except the name of the new Xbox.
Frankierock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think today was more of just giving Sony the Finger, then showing off the console. They showed Exclusives with the NFL, Spielberg and had Call of Duty let Everyone know Xbox will get all things Call of Duty first. (which actually will hurt sony sales a bit) But as for the Console itself as a game system we know nothing new except the name of the new Xbox.
To me, that was all they managed to do during this event. They showed the box.....
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #13
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
To me, that was all they managed to do during this event. They showed the box.....
To me showing off the console would be showing off the GAME System and Games, because After all that's said and Done it's the only reason I will buy a new Xbox or PS4..The GAME CONSOLE ...I could care less if I can switch my TV back and forth. I have a remote that does that already.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Say goodbye to used games, you buy a game and it sucks you are stuck with it, You can no longer wait for a game to come out and get it cheaper now. All games are locked to you!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #15
Luminous
Cyclops

Say goodbye to used games on the Xbox, but not necessarily the PS4. Sony hasn't been entirely clear on what their plan is for the used game market, but they have gone on record stating that they are fully aware that the secondhand market is "massively important". We'll see what that means, but Microsoft is clearly going in the opposite direction.

What is most interesting about this news about the new Xbox, is what this means for households that have multiple gamers sharing the same console. Are parents of multiple kids really expected to pay more for a single game? Siblings are now expected to pay an additional fee simply to have their own account and be rewarded with their own achievements? That sounds utterly ridiculous to me.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:31 PM   #16
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Now they are saying you can buy a used game but have to pay $15 to activate it. So if a used game is $40 and $15 to activate just buy a new one for $50.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #17
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince-Vell View Post
Say goodbye to used games, you buy a game and it sucks you are stuck with it, You can no longer wait for a game to come out and get it cheaper now. All games are locked to you!

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...-for-xbox-one/
I have a feeling this is a BS article. (MS had a reveal today and had no mention of anything on the gaming side really, yet this article is from a source from MS)
It just doesn't make sense...(Unless fee to use the game on another console is like a dollar or two, then Used games are still OK.)

First off if that's the case why sell Disc's anymore if you just intsall the game on the hard drive and it's linked to your account only.

2nd...The Harddrive would have to be HUGE to store all these games...These are going to be Blu-ray games..Installing that entire game would be huge.

3rd places like Gamestop and Gamefly would be done. And Bestbuy, Amazon and others who sell used games would take a major hit as well. I Just don't see a Console company messing with Stores that have been Catering to them for years.

But I guess we will learn more later on.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:35 PM   #18
Submissive421
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I believe they are allowing used games but you must pay a fee 1st in order to do so. They are trying to beat the system which is fine but they never stated what that fee amount was.

It would just make sense if you waited a long time for a game to drop in price and have to pay $5 or something. I just concerned on what they plan to do with your information and when you get a new console. I don't found it fair that I have to pay for a game I bought new when I have no control over the system breaking.

I like the idea of Xbox One already since I have been more fond of the Xbox over the PS3/PS4. I still don't like the Live fee but I feel like I get a better service on the Xbox then PS3. Time will tell. I'm not in a rush for the next generation yet. Been more excited about retro titles I missed then newer games. The current generation titles are going down in price, older titles are going up in price.
Submissive421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Its not BS, its all over the net. Its been rumored for ages anyway. There is tweeks about it from the ceonvention its being held at.

Also they said XBOX one is not backwards compatible with 360 games.

Doesnt bother me, im not buying any system unless it has Street Figther 5 and the network is solid as all hell. Other then that i could care less which one does what since i dont play any other games anymore.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:40 PM   #20
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
3rd places like Gamestop and Gamefly would be done. And Bestbuy, Amazon and others who sell used games would take a major hit as well. I Just don't see a Console company messing with Stores that have been Catering to them for years.

They feel they lose money from these stores, cause people like me wait till the game comes out. See the reviews and if its worth it. Then just hold out till its cheaper used.

So instead of selling two games at $60, they are selling one cause i can wait a few months to own it. Cause the money paid for goes to the used store or the person who bought it, not to them.

They want everyone to pay to play it is all.