Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #911
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
on the contrary, the half circle eyes will work just fine and will be looking forward for the eye sockets on the Rex bust are looking forward.

here is mine from a straight on view and my WOLF eyes are half circles.

these look fine to me as well. It really is close enough imo. I'm not a super minute, detail freak with every item I collect like some, and the majority that will buy this are not either. As long as the acrylic eyes are really close, that's all that matters to me. I'd rather have acrylic eyes that are close, then have them painted because I can tell Paul doesn't want to get custom acrylic ones done.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #912
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well i posted my bust that has half circled eyes. they work. just look at the image i posted from a straight on view. the eyes are looking forward.
and i explained why they do in my previous post.

half eyes will work
I believe you my friend. We'll see. I'm just excited that Chronicle is reading this and doing wharever they can do keep improving this piece. It's already in the best pissible art direction that it needs to be.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:08 PM   #913
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
It's cool/ok that you don't understand. Most people doesn't even know how wrong this piece was pages back and saying they'll buy it. The off the shelf stuff would not work for so many reasons. I'll just leave it to the pros at Chronicle and if they need a help/fresh set of eyes to have a look see. We have people here really knows what they are talking about to help out.
your reply to my question gives zero insight or reasoning why the "off the shelf" eye would not work.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #914
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
these look fine to me as well. It really is close enough imo. I'm not a super minute, detail freak with every item I collect like some, and the majority that will buy this are not either. As long as the acrylic eyes are really close, that's all that matters to me. I'd rather have acrylic eyes that are close, then have them painted because I can tell Paul doesn't want to get custom acrylic ones done.
Sigh... get this. If something is awesome, that's because there are a bunch of "super minute, detail freak" behind it. Just a fact. Things just don't magically show up the way it is.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:12 PM   #915
Nathanial91
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
It's cool/ok that you don't understand. Most people doesn't even know how wrong this piece was pages back and saying they'll buy it. The off the shelf stuff would not work for so many reasons. I'll just leave it to the pros at Chronicle and if they need a help/fresh set of eyes to have a look see. We have people here really knows what they are talking about to help out.
It seems you are very similar fan to me thx.... on the note of eye reference Phil Tippet posted a video from the production of JP where there are messing with the Rex head eyes out side of the head recently
Nathanial91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #916
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanial91 View Post
It seems you are very similar fan to me thx.... on the note of eye reference Phil Tippet posted a video from the production of JP where there are messing with the Rex head eyes out side of the head recently
I'm sure Chronicle has the proper references of the eyes. Let's wait and see how far they can push this one.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #917
Nathanial91
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I am in the belief that they have all the reference they need and that sourcing and and installing decent quality glass eyes is unnecessary, when they can achieve basically the same effect by applying a clear epoxy over the eyes
Nathanial91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:32 PM   #918
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanial91 View Post
I am in the belief that they have all the reference they need and that sourcing and and installing decent quality glass eyes is unnecessary, when they can achieve basically the same effect by applying a clear epoxy over the eyes
The effect is not really the same. I tested and have seen results in person. A nicely painted one, like a promo piece or AP will sure look sweet but if you consider how they'll look in the hands of the factory "painters", how well that can be executed or translate onto the production pieces? The acrylic eye will yield a more unified results since all they need is to properly point the eyes in the right directions instead of applying a clean coat to one of the most important part of the piece.
Old 11-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #919
kevin2323
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
The effect is not really the same. I tested and have seen results in person. A nicely painted one, like a promo piece or AP will sure look sweet but you consider how in the hands of the factory "painters", how well that can executed or translate onto the production pieces? The acrylic eye will yield a more unified results since all they need is to properly point the eyes in the right directions instead of applying a clean coat to one of the most important part of the piece.
agreed. i would hate to get some googly eyed rex.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #920
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
I believe you my friend. We'll see. I'm just excited that Chronicle is reading this and doing wharever they can do keep improving this piece. It's already in the best pissible art direction that it needs to be.
Quote:
I'm sure Chronicle has the proper references of the eyes. Let's wait and see how far they can push this one.
Quote:
The effect is not really the same. I tested and have seen results in person. A nicely painted one, like a promo piece or AP will sure look sweet but if you consider how they'll look in the hands of the factory "painters", how well that can be executed or translate onto the production pieces? The acrylic eye will yield a more unified results since all they need is to properly point the eyes in the right directions instead of applying a clean coat to one of the most important part of the piece.
yes this is very true, painting eyes and then clear coating them with a gloss is not the same. def wont gvet the same results. and like you said THX the factory more than likely wont be able to duplicate it.. all the more reason why i think an acrylic eye i posted would work the best. Chronicle has already stated they wanted to keep the cost down and the eyes that im suggesting are inexpensive enough to do just that.

and just for the record, the eyes i posted are not off the shelf eyes. they are all hand painted eyes. they are hand made. they are not churned out by a machine. and i would much rather have the eyes and bust over all look realistic than not.

the factory is not going to be bale to replicate real eyes.. but installing these taxidermy eyes im suggesting they will be able to achieve that realistic look. my bust is proof.

and if Chronicle can install these eyes and give it a realistic look rather than a film accurate look. i would much prefer that over a painted fake film accurate looking eye any day.

and yes it is in good hands with Chronicle. but they just said a few pages back that the half eyes wont work. and im showing proof that they can.
and if they can give the bust a realistic look with these acrylic eyes and the cost isn't all that expensive its a no brainer. why not do it? would save them from having to make custom made eyes which will be costly for sure..

but whatever route they take to make sure the eyes look realistic im all for it. weather it be the eyes i suggested or them going out and having custom ones made. im willing to pay the extra cost. just as long as they are not painted on. and are real acrylic glass eyes. ill say it again. painted eyes will cheapen the look IMO.

but yeah like you said. lets see how far Chronicles can push this.. hopefully they go for the realistic looking acrylic eyes
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote