Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches > Art Stories

Old 09-17-2015, 10:13 PM   #1
Lucky Baru
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

What happened to "Customer Service"?

Today, I had the displeasure of dealing with an artist that I have a commission pending with and a representative for another artist. In both cases the “customer service” was lacking in a very large way. It is funny that the longer I am in this hobby the more I read/hear about how badly both artist and representatives treat the people who purchase their art. It is even stranger that all of us in the hobby have these stories and we put up with the behavior.

Why is that?

I ask as I wouldn’t put up with the poor customer service that I received today in another part of my life. If I receive poor customer service anywhere else I do not purchase anything from that store/person/entity on my current visit and I do not return to that establishment to make other purchases. While I enjoy the art that both the representative sells and the art of the artist I have the pending commission I can say that I will not every make another purchase from either one of them from this point on. My hard-earned money can go to other representatives and other artist.

Many artist are not at the level of Lee, Miller, McFarlane, ________ fill in the blank of whatever famous artist you know and collect. Many of the artists of yesterday do not live at the levels of the peak of their popularity. At some point, many of the “hot artist” of today will become the forgotten artist of tomorrow. With that in mind, you’d think that those artist/representative who we purchase OA pages/covers or commissions from would treat us a little better or at least treat us as well as we’d like others around us in everyday life to treat us.

I not asking for someone to be a brown noser. I’m just asking for some of these artists or representative to be cordial, and tell me the truth when I'm speaking with them.

Is that too much to expect?