Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-03-2023, 02:58 PM   #831
maximus_73
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Can't believe they sold 5K of these yet.
Hopefully enough people join the waitlist for them to do another batch.
This is why SS confidence push the other popular pieces to higher ES... Mythos Darth Vader is +10K

Eventually you will see a lot of 5K ES as a norm
maximus_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 04:01 PM   #832
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Ya 5k is alot, its going to take a few years to sell out completely. There is usually a wait of 6 months sometimes a little more before another batch is shipped.

I don't know how many they get in each batch like 500 ? So maybe there on batch 3-4 ?
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:43 PM   #833
qz33
Doctor Doom

Anyone else get a conversion on this lately? Site says Waitlist full but wonder if that is just before they open it back up again or if they are ready to tap out on it.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 10:49 PM   #834
Biggunz
Loki

Nah. I just got mine still sitting in the box new. Only will sell though for twenty three thousand five hundred million dollars.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:49 PM   #835
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Anyone else get a conversion on this lately? Site says Waitlist full but wonder if that is just before they open it back up again or if they are ready to tap out on it.
None for me. My has been waitlisted for many months with no conversion. Honestly if I don't get it I'll pick it up eventually in the aftermarket. It is confusing that it's had multiple wait lists and production batches though.
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 01:02 PM   #836
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
None for me. My has been waitlisted for many months with no conversion. Honestly if I don't get it I'll pick it up eventually in the aftermarket. It is confusing that it's had multiple wait lists and production batches though.
Maybe they are purging the wait list with a few to see if enough really want it to warrant another production batch.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:09 PM   #837
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Maybe they are purging the wait list with a few to see if enough really want it to warrant another production batch.
Quite possible. Has Sideshow ever reduced an ES after the fact?
Old 08-01-2023, 01:12 PM   #838
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Quite possible. Has Sideshow ever reduced an ES after the fact?
If they don't make the full ES they do not change the stated ES on the website. They leave themselves open to come back and max out the ES just like with Thor Breaker of Brimstone.
Old 08-01-2023, 01:36 PM   #839
Agent_J.Warren
Adamantium Member

Quote:
If they don't make the full ES they do not change the stated ES on the website. They leave themselves open to come back and max out the ES just like with Thor Breaker of Brimstone.
Interesting. I didn't realize they had ever done that. I can't imagine that would be common practice for them but good to know. I'm not going to be heartbroken if I miss this piece. Originally I was thinking about selling the few Spider-Man pieces I had and then was able to find a little more room for displays and was planning on rounding out the collection. I'm in no rush so waitlist is fine for me if they do come back to it.
Old 08-01-2023, 02:06 PM   #840
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Interesting. I didn't realize they had ever done that. I can't imagine that would be common practice for them but good to know. I'm not going to be heartbroken if I miss this piece. Originally I was thinking about selling the few Spider-Man pieces I had and then was able to find a little more room for displays and was planning on rounding out the collection. I'm in no rush so waitlist is fine for me if they do come back to it.
Its something they have done for awhile. They did it with the original Mythos pieces. I got Obi-Wan that way (The later run had more of a lean). But everyone thought they were sold out and then they had batches left for Obi, Vader and a low batch of Fett to complete those runs. I guess when sales totally fall off and they are too far from the set ES is when they do it. That was the first time I remember them doing it but its been an on occasion thing ever since.

I just figured out where to fit one more shelf in my statue room so I have some more space as well, but I already have this piece. LOL.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote