Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 05-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #331
Dundee
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne-m0 View Post
Well the Chrome looks awesome on the torso as seen in the packaging. Only a quick look by the distributor as its not fully paid for yet so on hold till i pay it off and get it delivered. Compared to sideshow the extra small details i can see on this (from what I can see on the photo) knock it out the park!!!!!!!
Congrats mate! The chrome looks stunning, can't wait to see close up shots of this and hopefully more reviews as collectors receive there endos (although there probably won't be many as this is a pretty rare statue). By far the best quality endo statue so far.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:07 AM   #332
wayne-m0
The Spirit

blimey thats some packing well i hope that it does the job and no damage inside anywhere. Sideshow packing was just not up to the job with broken wrist joints upon arrival. The gun on the arm i think simply too much for the journey so any drop by Mr posty and its cracked. Didnt just happen to mine but someone else i know in the UK to thats two out of two broken. Nice one sideshow. Packing material design not up to the job so they have to send a new one. If its the same packing design no doubt it will happen all over again and same old problem.
wayne-m0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:35 AM   #333
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Well the Chrome looks awesome on the torso as seen in the packaging. Only a quick look by the distributor as its not fully paid for yet so on hold till i pay it off and get it delivered. Compared to sideshow the extra small details i can see on this (from what I can see on the photo) knock it out the park!!!!!!!
Love the original T1, T2 models done by sideshow, but the quality is CRAP, the chrome was crap, which is why they only offer the damaged one to hide all the imperfections in the plating. Not only that, mine has a FREAKING LEANING issue to the right and its driving me NUTS!! Wondering if there is anything I can do, but I heard that alot of collectors complained about this problem. Anyone got a suggestion.

As far as the Genisis goes, I really dont know why all the hate for it. I thought it was better than every other Terminator since T2 although nothing will top that. The extra redesign to make it more believable and the real chrome polish on V2 is second to none and the price was really steep which is why I at the time didnt get one, have been having money problems a couple months before this went up for presale. But the design, the quality, and look make me really wish I had bit the bullet and bought it. Really envious of people who got one and so glad people didnt get screwed out of this when chronicle went belly up. And I like the smaller bases. The side show ones are so big and clunky, it takes away from the statue, and instead of having the lights in the stone, they put that god awful black frame around it. I wont put that around mine, looks so cheap. THIS version is simply amazing , dam I wish I got it, but I dont have the funds I use to sadly since my divorce. Still paying for it!!!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:45 AM   #334
wayne-m0
The Spirit

mate the base is awful the black squares they dont even fit correctly. My sideshow Term is crazed all over the chrome i think u may have seen the pics if not ill post here for you? Its horrendous like a disease its literally on every part of the statue and a big fight to get it replaced sideshow blames me for it which is the best part. Mine has no lean issue at all i am thankful for. It still looks awesome though even if i have a wrist part cracked from shipping but one doesnt see it as at the back. This one better blow it out the water and not have chrome issues over time. I have a little concern as not all parts 100% checked i havent paid for it yet too expensive so paying it over another year. If u in UK mate come and have a look!!!!!!!
Old 05-27-2021, 07:57 AM   #335
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Love the original T1, T2 models done by sideshow, but the quality is CRAP, the chrome was crap, which is why they only offer the damaged one to hide all the imperfections in the plating. Not only that, mine has a FREAKING LEANING issue to the right and its driving me NUTS!! Wondering if there is anything I can do, but I heard that alot of collectors complained about this problem. Anyone got a suggestion.

As far as the Genisis goes, I really dont know why all the hate for it. I thought it was better than every other Terminator since T2 although nothing will top that. The extra redesign to make it more believable and the real chrome polish on V2 is second to none and the price was really steep which is why I at the time didnt get one, have been having money problems a couple months before this went up for presale. But the design, the quality, and look make me really wish I had bit the bullet and bought it. Really envious of people who got one and so glad people didnt get screwed out of this when chronicle went belly up. And I like the smaller bases. The side show ones are so big and clunky, it takes away from the statue, and instead of having the lights in the stone, they put that god awful black frame around it. I wont put that around mine, looks so cheap. THIS version is simply amazing , dam I wish I got it, but I dont have the funds I use to sadly since my divorce. Still paying for it!!!
The original Sideshow Endo is great. The newer 2.0 version is where all the problems are seen. I considered getting a 2.0 5 years or so ago, but too many people have had issues with it(plus they upped the price).
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 02:38 PM   #336
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Well my Terminator is arriving this week. I hope there is no damage or missing parts as the company going bust means I am scuppered. Bit nervous but i just hope for this price its 100% ok unlike Sideshow. Ill keep u posted. Cheers.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:38 PM   #337
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Well my Terminator is arriving this week. I hope there is no damage or missing parts as the company going bust means I am scuppered. Bit nervous but i just hope for this price its 100% ok unlike Sideshow. Ill keep u posted. Cheers.
The company that actually made it didn't go out of business, but it's been so long I doubt there would be any parts available.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 12:46 AM   #338
wayne-m0
The Spirit

yes having no access to spare parts is a worry just got to hope that its all complete. Soon find out. Be terrible if say the head was missing!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-24-2021, 04:28 AM   #339
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Look forward to the pics, that’s been a long wait for you! Hope everything’s ok with it.
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 06:03 AM   #340
wayne-m0
The Spirit

Me too mate arriving today!!! I am pretty nervous have to admit