Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 10-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #61
nearmint
Phoenix

I assume Sideshow will get this? They had Superman and Flash.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:44 PM   #62
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

I ordered.

Most likely getting rid of the PCS version.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:59 PM   #63
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Thanks for the pics Bear. Here's my honest take, as a superfan (RoboCop is my #2 favorite film of all time):

THE GOOD:

-The Likeness of the Weller face is MUCH better than the PCS. It looks great and REAL, that is one of the weak points of the PCS piece.

-The Black Helmet Visor looks to a separate piece, glossy...much better than the PCS. The painted PCS helmet visitor is another weak point of the statue. Overall the head on this one looks a LOT nicer than the PCS.

-The colors of the armor look fantastic. one of the best robo paint ups I've seen. Overall the finishing of the piece look to be a lot better than PCS, no doubt.

-I like the Right Arm up pose, looks good. I'm such a sucker for that pose. However i like the pose of the PCS Right arm up, looks stronger, a little more rigid, more robotic.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

-I don't like the art direction. Despite being practically the same piece i think the PCS art direction is much stronger and more masculine compared to this version.

-I don't like the left hand. I think it's weird and a little dainty looking. It should'd've been a strong closed fist, much stronger and more masculine. His left hand looks nervous like he's uncertain if he's gonna his his shot. I don't like it.

-The Left foot on his toes is horrible. WHY. Is there a scene where ROboCop is stationary and he shoots his hand-cannon and his left foot is up on the tippy-toes. It looks very soft, and dainty...not a pose i associate with this Law Enforcing ass-kicking machine. The left hand and left foot really kinda killed this piece for me. if they were both solid it would be tough to argue this doesn't smoke the PCS version.

-I think he looks a little narrow. Maybe it's the tilted in left shoulder that is higher than the chest plate armor, overall he seems a little leaner than i would've like to see him. Doesn't look bad, but everything... the hips, the waist, the shoulders he's seems to be pretty slender. in some scenes his suit did look low-profile others it looked huge, in think this went for the low profile look, not bad. i just prefer the slightly more massive look of the PCS while not looking like a trash can with 4 limbs and a head.

-I far prefer the PCS light-up Robo armor themed base with the RoboCop name plate. There isn't anything special about this base.

-The Auto-9 looks a little off . It could be the pics, but it looks like it's lacking details & definition compared to movie stills and the PCS auto-9.

Overall, i think this piece looks pretty damn good. I won't be trading in my PCS EX for this despite the better likeness and better finishing, I don't think it's a upgrade over the PCS version. For me, build and the body language of the PCS EX version make it a stronger representation or RoboCop.

If you missed on the PCS EX version, i'd pick this up... i think the last two PCS EX's sold for over a grand on ebay.

cool company, im excited to see their future offerings. Really cool piece, good work!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #64
Dvdidi
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wanted to order and went to checkout and price came to 1100€ 😲 pff think I'm going to pass...
Dvdidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:09 PM   #65
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Here's my honest take
Yeah, that could have been me writing that.

Also, I'm still kinda iffy on silicone.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:12 PM   #66
ukshaun
Hercules

I think he looks excellent!
Saying that, i am not a RoboCop obsessive, thus cannot comment on how screen accurate he is or how he compares to the PCS piece.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:36 PM   #67
Thor57
Teen Titans

Do we know yet who is carrying this?
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:48 PM   #68
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Oniri told me that Sideshow, BBTS and Specfictionshope will probably offer this....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
Thanks for the pics Bear.

Overall, i think this piece looks pretty damn good. I won't be trading in my PCS EX for this despite the better likeness and better finishing, I don't think it's a upgrade over the PCS version. For me, build and the body language of the PCS EX version make it a stronger representation or RoboCop.
You're welcome....

I agree that it is overall a better piece than PCS although in ways, PCS pose is slightly better, specially with the option of having the arm down, but if I had to pick one, I think this would be it.... I prefer this base too...

You tell me...

bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 01:50 PM   #69
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Old 10-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #70
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

You know, I almost can't tell the difference from the waist up... I think Oniri had an opportunity to do something different and they essentially just stuck to the same pose.... Too bad...