Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #401
FROBAY
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
awesome Frobay..congrats on the low number..
Thanks. My MQ Vader helmet was
almost the highest number possible. No big deal though.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #402
risingstar
Jedi Order

That looks awesome. As much as I love my SS Vader 1:1 bust, I have to admit the efx version definitely looks more like the real thing.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:27 AM   #403
WarMachine
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Is it possible to post pix of the box?

I like to see how big the box is?

For the souls who already received theirs, can you all please report on QC problems asap?

Thanks

WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #404
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK Ultra View Post
Thanks Darth, and BTW would it still be ok to send you those things we talked about? much apologies as I've been a bit busy but hope it's ok.
Sure, whenever you're ready. I just thought you changed your mind. No biggy.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:34 PM   #405
DynamicMenace

Hell Yeah!!! KILLAH!!

well my two arrived today.
i received numbers 261 and 292. not sure why i didn't get the numbers in consecutive order with one another seems how i pre-ordered them at the same time. oh well the helmets are incredible non the less.
there is one thing i want to point out. which was somewhat of a disappointment. there is only the brown shipper box and no color photoed inner box to house the styrofoam. just the brown shipper box with the styrofoam housing. that's it. the helmets do not come in any cloth bags like the mater replicas ROTS helmet did. the helmets just sit in the styrofoam housing with no added protection whatsoever. the artwork print, booklet, cardboard efx poster (guess that's suppose to represent the color photoed box..lol), name plate and base components are all on top of the styrofoam with only a thin flimsy piece of cardboard separating all of those from the outer brown shipper box. 261 was pretty banged up. and the top piece of styrofoam was broken completely off where the large square part of the base was housed. i would have thought with such a valuable piece at such an expensive cost that it would have came in a second full colored photoed box. that would have prevented the damage to the styrofoam. and given it added protection. as well as the cloth bags for the face plate and dome. also. for those of you who are expecting one. make sure that when you unbox the helmet. make sure when taking out the base plate to check the silver nuts that hold the clear plastic sheet on the top of the base plate are screwed on tightly..mine were very loose. and one of them fell out..luckily i found it. also when connecting the rod onto the base..make sure that you put the rod in the hole and then line it up with the bolt then screw/tighten the bolt..dont screw the bolt in first and then try to screw the rod onto the bolt. it wont line up..at least that's how mine was anyway. thought i would give you all a heads up.
so anyway..here is my number 261.. what can i say..i love it. sorry for the raunchy photos..cheap digital camera. and poor lighting.. as soon as i have my bust display i will show some photos how it looks with my ANH GH Master set of armor.

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #406
WhiskeySh00ter
Doh!

QC issues

The helmet is awesome, but the base has issues. The aluminum piece looks like someone took sand paper to it. There are smear marks that look like someone used a chemical treatment on it. Finally the Star Wars logo has dents and black marks on the T and A. I have e-mailed eFX, but no response.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0551 lower.gif
Views:	19
Size:	194.1 KB
ID:	72595   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0552 lower.gif
Views:	29
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	72596   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554 lower.gif
Views:	17
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	72597  
WhiskeySh00ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 01:24 PM   #407
DynamicMenace

yeah the base is pretty horrible i have to say. not very impressed. too simple if you ask me..i was expecting it to be a lot better than what it is. specially for the price you had to pay to get one of these. could have been more artistic..something to resemble the empire..possibly a raised sculpted imperial symbol? but i guess its not the base your paying for..its the helmet and its origins/lineage.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #408
Darth Pain

Looks badass! Congrats!

I think when I get my reg. I might add some of the movie prop flaws.
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:43 AM   #409
DynamicMenace

just wanted to share a bit of info to all who purchased one of these lids..
the serial/edition number on the box and the metal plaque may not represent the helmet that is inside of the box. reason is that the helmets themselves are not numbered. nor is the COA. someone told me this on another forum..

"eFx has stated on numerous occasions that the serial numbers are completely random. So no one knows if they got a helmet from early on in the run, etc. And the domes and face plates are not "matched." So getting a smaller serial number means absolutely nothing."

this just might be true..becasue there isn't any serial/edition number on the COA or the helmets.

why put a serial number and edition size on the metal plaque and a serial number on the box? just to make us think that that's the edition number we are receiving?..

this just in..from Bryan of eFX.....

"The serial number does not represent the order that the helmets were made. Since through the manufacturing process the order constantly changes. With our QC program, pieces are taken out for inspection or touch up etc. So there is not way to number the components and keep them in order.

The plaque number is the number that was assigned to that particular finished helmet as they are complete in the production line. This is typical of all collectibles."

Thanks

Bryan

im sorry but usually an serial/edition number is the number that the collectable is giving after it has been pulled from the mold. so i guess things aren't always what they seem people. so any one of us could have #1 face plate with a 364 dome..or vice versa..man i cant believe this..why do it like that? that's ridiculous. so i guess it is true. Abryan just gave us the proof..
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #410
ambasah
Red Skull

the edition number does not correlate to or have anything to do with the actual production run. this is the case for almost every statue and prop replica producer. not sure what the big deal is...
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote