Doctor Doom

As advertised:

Customer pic:

Level52 production pic:
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #92
qz33
Doctor Doom

Hate when people don't think it's worth the time to post pics on this forum.

Packaging looks nice.

qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:01 AM   #93
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
The eyes didn't change. They can't physically paint eyes like we can do we worked with them on a decal. The eyes are still black light responsive no difference there.
I actually thought the eyes were glow in the dark as opposed to black light reactive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
The new design might be better, or people might not care since the art is nude. But there is no reason at all not to inform customers of the change ahead of time. Saying ‘prototypes are subject to change’ as a reason not to, doesn’t really cut it.
Exactly. Things like communication make or break a company. To someone who didn't plan on using the clothes, this is no big deal. To someone whose order hinged on the clothes, I can see why it would be a huge deal. The statue still looks great, but I think a lot of this backlash they are receiving could have been easily mitigated with a simple Facebook post letting customers know they were forced to make a substantial change to the appearance of the statue and letting people opt out if they wished.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:56 PM   #94
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Any of the cats? Half of the appeal for me are the puddy tats.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 12:59 PM   #95
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Thanks guys for posting the pics. I think the piece itself came out great overall! The eyes still look good even though they are different from the prototype. The change in clothes is fairly significant and should have been communicated to the buyers of this piece so they know what to expect when they receive it. I don't think the changes in clothes look bad but I can see where buyers who planned to display the piece with them on might be irritated about it. I will be displaying mine without them to match the art so it won't be an issue for me.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:22 PM   #96
omigeo
Alpha Flight

I personally see this differently when it comes to the clothes...

First of all, they only threw the clothing part as an afterthought if I remember correctly, nothing more. There was no need for them to include it, but they did.

Remember this statue is really meant to be displayed just like the art work of Frazetta, Nude!! So I don’t think that they neglected in telling us about something that was an afterthought.

It really boggles the mind to see people just nitpick on something so insignificant .....
That's to drive any artist insane...
omigeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #97
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
I personally see this differently when it comes to the clothes...

First of all, they only threw the clothing part as an afterthought if I remember correctly, nothing more. There was no need for them to include it, but they did.

Remember this statue is really meant to be displayed just like the art work of Frazetta, Nude!! So I don’t think that they neglected in telling us about something that was an afterthought.

It really boggles the mind to see people just nitpick on something so insignificant .....
That's to drive any artist insane...
While I tend to agree with you the clothes were sold as a display option for the piece and they needed to be fairly significantly changed in the production process. That change should have been communicated to all the buyers. That's just good customer service and good business. Level 52 Studios is new and I am sure they will learn from this and do better next time.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:15 PM   #98
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I thought the edition size was 100, but I think someone on Facebook said the one they got said 115.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Level52 View Post
Hey guys! Cat Girl Preorder is finally open and she's selling fast! We're going to announce the edition elsewhere later today, but you all will be the first to know that we're capping it at 100 pieces worldwide!

-Hanna
Found it.

Old 10-19-2018, 05:23 PM   #99
NamesJay
The Spirit

Maybe the 115 was to accommodate for any damaged products?
NamesJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 05:28 PM   #100
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamesJay View Post
Maybe the 115 was to accommodate for any damaged products?
They usually don't number those so they can have the number written in to match the destroyed damaged statue.

Here are the images that were posted since no one has done the full image dump. They are not my photos (and they aren't that good).