Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2017, 01:12 PM   #1121
nearmint
Phoenix

I suspect that SS factors an acceptable % of replacements in their profit formula. The complexity of this piece must have exceeded that % substantially.

We don’t know whether SS will be upping their packaging game for this piece or not, but it seems clear that they felt a materials change was also required to get this piece to collectors without breakage.

We’ll probably be discussing this for months, but we won’t know how all this affects the final product until we see a production piece, which likely won’t happen until SDCC 2018.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 01:18 PM   #1122
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
mind blown....this will be like the movie superman pf all over again as a cheap plastic looking junk, and at $800+ I really cannot comprehend the people who actually are buying this...
I never liked the way the MOS pf looked, always seemed a little off. the suit looked good but I thought the final product matched the proto pretty much which again I never cared for in the first place. I think most of the uproar on that piece was when people found out it was pvc once they had it in hand, a lot of people felt like they were mislead
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:12 PM   #1123
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
I never liked the way the MOS pf looked, always seemed a little off. the suit looked good but I thought the final product matched the proto pretty much which again I never cared for in the first place. I think most of the uproar on that piece was when people found out it was pvc once they had it in hand, a lot of people felt like they were mislead
Plastic Man of Steel showed up with seams! It was not even close (costume aside) from the proto. Only Quigon on the other board seemed happy with it. I see it going for cheap so often I’m sometimes tempted, but I already have the much superior Hot Toys version for my plastic figure fix.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #1124
nearmint
Phoenix

I think Resinworx managed to produce the only good 1/4 scale MOS. One of my favorite pieces.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 07:05 PM   #1125
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Plastic Man of Steel showed up with seams! It was not even close (costume aside) from the proto. Only Quigon on the other board seemed happy with it. I see it going for cheap so often I’m sometimes tempted, but I already have the much superior Hot Toys version for my plastic figure fix.
I never made it past all the other things i didnt like to notice the seam lines lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
I think Resinworx managed to produce the only good 1/4 scale MOS. One of my favorite pieces.
That thing is SICK i wish i could have picked one of those up as MOS is one of my favorite movies
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:53 AM   #1126
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The likeness of the actor is spot on... And people say you can't capture likeness with polystone...

I would say the likeness quality is up there with blitzway... It was also engineered really well, the metal rod they used is pretty thick so I doubt it will ever have leaning issues.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 07:40 AM   #1127
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Not everyone, but Sideshow struggles with polystone likeness.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:31 AM   #1128
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

But what is the matter with Swamp Thing?
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:22 PM   #1129
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
Not everyone, but Sideshow struggles with polystone likeness.
It’s usually down to paint with SS. Even then, they do get it right sometimes. Saruman was a perfect Christopher Lee. They put a lot of love into that release.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #1130
SAB380
The X-Men

Damn, those pics look sweet.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote