sith_apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #612
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Ouch, you guys are mean!!!
"A-holes, trash mentality, dimwits"
Seems like a "the pot calling the kettle black" situation.
Oh please, some transphobe superimposing his fear’s over a bloody comic book statue and then claiming that Sideshow has some LGBQT agenda to introduce blue Transvestites into our living rooms is easily the most stupid thing I have ever seen spouted on this forum.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #613
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by boibleu22 View Post
Not to say that he is, but he does come off as one of those alt-right incel asshats.
Some of the discussions of masculinity/femininity in this forum are just absurd.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:55 PM   #614
gearhead
The Herculoids

This may have already been mentioned, but is that Juggernaut's fist imprint on the base?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:57 PM   #615
Danchez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
This may have already been mentioned, but is that Juggernaut's fist imprint on the base?
Yep. Confirmed during the most recent Sideshow Live.
Danchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:59 PM   #616
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Will the EX claw be metal?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:09 PM   #617
101son
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Scale comparisons

i hate to say it but looking at these comparisons i kinda see why Magneto was a Maquette . not saying i agree with price but just sheer size and presence it has compared to wolvie and the blue man
101son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #618
Frayhor
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
The big reason for my harsh criticism on this piece is because of how originally excited I was from the tease and feeling the beads of stress on how I was going to squeeze the finances to get the Sideshow X-Men line. Then they release this portrait to my utter horror.

Manstique. Not in my collection. But maybe in yours. Some of you may be open to the new realities of society where the social norms of what looks like a man or a woman are blurred, and that's ok. Maybe this is in your private collection away from the judging eyes of friends, family, or society where someone might ask you why you have a statue of a blue man wearing a dress? And that's ok. But that does not require the rest of us to conform.

If you read other fan base forums you will see the battle of opinions raging on which at the heart feels like the social justice war. Star Wars is one such example.

I raise this question of art direction with Sideshow because I'm sure someone there had to think this portrait could have male overtones but perhaps they could not speak up at the threat of not being PC or other social work environment pressures? Based on rumor, how was a long hair portrait in the works but did not pass concept? It was in the tease.

Happy for those of you that like this piece. But also happy that for the moment I can say, as colorfully as the rainbow warrior and offensively as I do, that I do not. Happy collecting!
WOW really ??? A blue MAN in a dress ??? I'm personnally very shocked by this sentence, and I'm a woman married with a man so I'm probably on of the "good side" of people for you and I absolutely don't see Mystique head mannish at all. For me she is the accurate representation of a self-confident woman...

And to answer it I hope it never happened because it will mean that I have someone in my family or friends that has a closed mind and probably a little bit of homophobia / transphobia and honestly I don't want and I don't need friends like that.

Oh and perhaps you can explain me this concept of Social Justice War, I don't understand since when it's becoming a bad thing to not being racist, homophobic, misogynist ??
Frayhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:10 PM   #619
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
I just don't get the face, I can't get over it. I'll not order it. Really strange that the sculpted of the tease pic is dropped.
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #620
101son
Justice League

not sure if i seen anyone mention her skin tone , whats the consensus guys?
i thought she would be a shade darker, maybe im wrong
101son is offline   Reply With Quote