Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 08-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #31
Mister H
Gen 13

I display mine like your second pic. Love that cape.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:06 PM   #32
SONICobra
Batman

man i forgot how cool your displays are, i freaking love these. again - super impressive, very inspiring space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 03:37 PM   #33
Blindzider
The Spirit

Thanks everyone!

Sadly with prices rising, I don't see too many new statues in my future. Hoping the next Tweeterhead 2.0 Batman is to my liking and a reasonable price.

I do have a few prints I want to get framed and finally put on the wall. My omnibus collection is a little out of control and that's going to mean a new bookcase soon, so still trying to figure out what to do about that.

@SONICobra - Glad to hear it! They were fun to build and still want to do something for the Avengers/Defenders shelf.
Blindzider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:22 PM   #34
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I can agree with scaling back because of the rising prices. Plus, I am just focusing on characters that are my absolute favorite. Even though Tweeterhead is producing fantastic pieces, the characters that have come out this year are not ones that I want.

Also, have about 3 or 4 Bowen's I need to get back.

I do have to say that the Avengers/Defenders shelf is my favorite. Not sure how many more statues you could fit on that shelf though. But doing an entire Defenders line up would be cool-you already have the Surfer and Daredevil. Adding Hellcat, Valkyrie, Classic Luke Cage and Moon Knight would look great (but some of those are pricey I have noticed).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 04:25 PM   #35
veryfigurefans
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow, Batman is great. Nice collection. Congrats
veryfigurefans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 05:05 PM   #36
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I can agree with scaling back because of the rising prices. Plus, I am just focusing on characters that are my absolute favorite. Even though Tweeterhead is producing fantastic pieces, the characters that have come out this year are not ones that I want.

Also, have about 3 or 4 Bowen's I need to get back.

I do have to say that the Avengers/Defenders shelf is my favorite. Not sure how many more statues you could fit on that shelf though. But doing an entire Defenders line up would be cool-you already have the Surfer and Daredevil. Adding Hellcat, Valkyrie, Classic Luke Cage and Moon Knight would look great (but some of those are pricey I have noticed).
I definitely would like to put Surfer in there, but would prefer the museum version. If I could ever find one for a reasonable price (which I'm sure would be by sheer luck) I'd pick it up, even the painted version.

The only other one for Defenders I would consider is Valkyrie. Reading those early issues I really understood her.

Yes, there's not much space. Even if I got rid of the villain busts there isn't much room and I hate a crowded shelf.

Which ones are you trying to get back? And I think you mentioned a few you wanted to get rid of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veryfigurefans View Post
Wow, Batman is great. Nice collection. Congrats
Thanks! Possibly a new Batman next year.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:27 PM   #37
mmk123

Looking for the FS of the Wasp (blue and red outfit), Jocasta, and Quicksilver and The Falcon Mini bust. Possibly FF She Hulk. Now these would only be if I could get them at a good price.

But I do agree with you about a crowded shelf. When statues are hidden behind other ones looks bad.
Old 08-06-2021, 06:59 PM   #38
thecollector80
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

looks like you really invested a lot of time and money on the setups
thecollector80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:07 AM   #39
Blindzider
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
Looking for the FS of the Wasp (blue and red outfit), Jocasta, and Quicksilver and The Falcon Mini bust. Possibly FF She Hulk. Now these would only be if I could get them at a good price.

But I do agree with you about a crowded shelf. When statues are hidden behind other ones looks bad.
Which Quicksilver, blue or green?

I wouldn't mind having the Ant-Man Deluxe. Yet another really high priced statue that I'll probably never own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecollector80 View Post
looks like you really invested a lot of time and money on the setups
It was mostly time which somehow I had more of back then. Most of the FF shelf was done with scrap materials I had and the rest was insulation foam and spray paint. I like making/creating things so it was fun for me.
Old 08-09-2021, 10:22 AM   #40
mmk123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
Which Quicksilver, blue or green?

I wouldn't mind having the Ant-Man Deluxe. Yet another really high priced statue that I'll probably never own.

I think I would prefer Blue for Quicksilver but if I could find Green for a good price I might pick it up. Other than the Jean Grey/Marvel Girl statue, no other Bowen statue I have is green and it would be a nice pop.

I can understand the Ant Man deluxe but any Hank Pym statue goes for quite a lot for some reason. If only Marvel treated the character as well.