Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #1
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Mister Miracle........Happy B-day!

On this day in 1971, Mister Miracle hit spinner racks everywhere...

Let's all raise a glass and toast DC Direct, who continues to screw us all with our pants on by ignoring our requests for statues of anyone other than Bats, WW, Big Blue, and GL.....Hey DCD--- I'm off to Bowen Designs, Sideshow and Kotobukiya to risk divorce and spend COPIOUS amounts of cash because Marvel actually BELIEVES in MOST of their IP's; not just 4 or 5 over and over and over and over again.

It's a damn shame as I bet Ray V and the boys could really rock some "other" DC characters. But who are we right? Just the customers....of other companies, thanks to these unimaginitive jerks. Oh well.....I'll just wait to pass on the next Superman vs Titano or whatever lame ass villain they pair up with the most boring super heroes of all time ....while they continue to ignore the ridiculous amounts of money they're passing on by refusing to manufacture a full size Dr. Fate helmet for example..........

.....wha? What happened? Have I been raving? Don't mind me....No, I'm not bitter at all.
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #2
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

I have to agree with you Elijah...DC has ZERO faith in any of their characters besides the big 5, and its extremely frustrating. I wish they would realize that people like their characters too and a statue line of their "lesser" known characters would likely do very well.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I have to agree with you Elijah...DC has ZERO faith in any of their characters besides the big 5, and its extremely frustrating. I wish they would realize that people like their characters too and a statue line of their "lesser" known characters would likely do very well.
thanks dude......makes me so mad I could spit...that they let all that good stuff just collect dust.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

yeah they have amazing characters that would be epic as FS'ers, yet they constantly do the same 5 over again. How about statues of...

Solomon Grundy
Bizarro
Dr.Fate
Two-Face
Mr.Freeze
Ras al Ghul
Black Adam
Phantom Stranger
Deadman
Metal Men
JSA
Sinestro
Scarecrow
Lex Luthor
Hawkman
Parallax
Poison Ivy

and of course a lot of the great Vertigo characters etc...

all I can say is that it would be great if BD got a DC license, but DC is far to cheap to ever let anyone else compete with DC Direct. I just maintain hope that one day they'll pull their heads out of their asses....but I dont see it happening.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
sons of set
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I wish somebody would create characters for Marvel that were not always the popular...oh wait...good luck DC people...hey...maybe they will do a series of Joker black and white statues?

So, so sorry for you guys....genuinely...
sons of set is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:29 AM   #6
MACHINEMAN
Kindly Asked To Leave

hoping that DC will ever open their ears is a fruitless desire. I for one would kill for a statue from the fourth world characters but I probably would be deceased before that ever happened. this is one reason why I never buy DC statues w/the exception of the cover girls line.
MACHINEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
Jesse321
Galactus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Solomon Grundy
Bizarro
Dr.Fate
Two-Face
Mr.Freeze
Ras al Ghul
Black Adam
Phantom Stranger
Deadman
Metal Men
JSA
Sinestro
Scarecrow
Lex Luthor
Hawkman
Parallax
Poison Ivy
So far.
Jesse321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #8
Averone
Kindly Asked To Leave

That's why I comission my own DC statues. In fact I have in my collection a few from the list above
Averone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #9
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by averone View Post
That's why I comission my own DC statues. In fact I have in my collection a few from the list above
I have never commissioned...what's involved?...do you pay through the nose? I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions anyone has on this........
Old 01-15-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
doc6731
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah_snow View Post
I have never commissioned...what's involved?...do you pay through the nose? I'd love to hear any thoughts or suggestions anyone has on this........
what you do is first figure out what you want to commission,then look at the different sculptors work, contact a sculptor and work something out, once the piece is sculpted youll need to find a caster to mold and cast you a resin copy, then find a painter and have it painted. as far as costs its very subjective depending on what your having done and who your using. but youll probabally spend several hundred to a couple thousand.. thats just my thoughts though. im sure others have there own experiences. hope that helps
doc6731 is offline   Reply With Quote