Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 12-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #71
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

I picked GL up yesterday (the eBay seller lives in San Diego so I met him at the local Coffee Bean & Tea leaf and was able to inspect the statue on the spot - I wish all eBay transactions were so smooth) and he looks great.

IMO, this PF is every bit as nice as any Sideshow to date. The sculpt and paint is top notch and the fabric (I still hate the shiny spandex) is very form fitting and well done. Kudos to DC Direct!

The only tiny problem was where the hand holds the lantern and I'll bet every one will have this on it. The lantern handle can swing and has worn the paint off the resin surrounding the hole. I think plain white paint will be fine because it is a very small defect but if I can find a pearl white like the paint DC used, it will be perfect.

Great PF.
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #72
06gto
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

You can get the paint in the craft section of Hobby Lobby (not the model section). I think it's called opalescent or pearlescent.
06gto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 05:54 PM   #73
sdbuzzcut
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06gto View Post
You can get the paint in the craft section of Hobby Lobby (not the model section). I think it's called opalescent or pearlescent.
Sweet! Thanks for the info.
sdbuzzcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 08:25 PM   #74
rabid_wolf
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
What man?

I'm really REALLY tempted to get this and Ch'p is awesome as the icing on the cake.

Couldnt resist anymore. Pulled the trigger and ordered one.
rabid_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #75
xXx
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabid_wolf View Post
Couldnt resist anymore. Pulled the trigger and ordered one.
Me Too!! Waiting on it to arrive!!
xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:08 PM   #76
mikman42
Nightwing

Looks Great but G.L's facial expression(sculpt)looks a lot like(to me) DC-Directs 13" Aquamans face?
mikman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:41 AM   #77
mikkipog
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

hmmm, well they were both sculpted by ray villafane so could that be it?
mikkipog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 PM   #78
Superhero
The Spirit

Ok, I just looked at the Green Lantern statue in my local comic shop and it is GREAT!! I really like the light up lantern but wish the ring would have lit up as well.

My question is how do you replace the batteries in the lantern? None of us could figure it out and I don't want to try to pull or press anything that might damage what appears to be a fairly fragile piece. Thanks for the help.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #79
rabid_wolf
Justice League

Got mine today . I really liked it. The fabric and sculpt look great. The light works. I think this is definitely comparable to a Sideshow PF. It reminds me of the Captain America PF but skinnier.

Only two things. Ths cloth material has a weird smell which I assume will go away after a little while, and two, one of the handles from the lantern was separated. I popped it back in. Maybe it comes like this? anybody else notice these two things.

For those on the fence I recommend getting it quick while you can still pick it up for $200-$250 shipped.
rabid_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #80
Ray Villafane
Sculptor
Sculptor

I have one extra sample which I plan on carefully breaking the right arm and replacing it with a straight one as if he is aiming his ring onto something. After breaking and re sculpting the arm I will assemble everything together and hopefully end up with a green lantern that you can actually see the ring. As the sculptor many times we are just given art to sculpt. I really thought the ring should of been visible when in pose . I may even cast the ring clear and embed an LED but 100% on that as it will be a little more involved. I'll let you know when it's done as I'll probably be putting it up on ebay.

more pictures at
http://www.myspace.com/villafanestudios
Ray Villafane is offline   Reply With Quote