Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-16-2019, 07:19 AM   #121
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I’m not sure how well that piece would really do.

In the US it’ll be popular, however it’s price will limit its reach, but in Asia I’m thinking there won’t be much demand for it at all.

A quality Reeve Superman statue or bust would sell -- period. Outside of customs, NO ONE has produced a decent large scale statue or bust of him. Besides, who needs the Asian market if they only make 100 of him? You telling me you don't think 100 would sell? If Arnie's T-800 can do it, the most iconic Superman ever to hit the big screen can damn well do it.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:51 PM   #122
BillyCurly
Dreams of Youth are the Regrets of Maturity
Adamantium Plus Member

Fully agree! Its a no brainer!
BillyCurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 07:30 AM   #123
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCurly View Post
Fully agree! Its a no brainer!
I'd buy one, or even a 1/2 full figure. I have a gap in my collection for a good Reeve piece, used to have the Hot Toys, and passed on that bad SS PF.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:05 AM   #124
M United
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I'd buy one, or even a 1/2 full figure. I have a gap in my collection for a good Reeve piece, used to have the Hot Toys, and passed on that bad SS PF.
I still have that reeves hot toys superman unopened (i may have opened it to inspect i can't remember) in the box.
M United is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 08:34 AM   #125
clutch
Sailor Moon

That hair looks like a dust magnet.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 09:03 AM   #126
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
I'm probably in the minority but the doll hair ruins a piece like this. Just make it sculpted and a softer vinyl material to capture the details. A bust that costs 2-3K shouldn't have doll hair.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:17 AM   #127
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch View Post
That is the one draw back, but I understand the aesthetics of it. I'd say have to enclose this in glass and treat it well to avoid this issue.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #128
pdenham
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I'm probably in the minority but the doll hair ruins a piece like this. Just make it sculpted and a softer vinyl material to capture the details. A bust that costs 2-3K shouldn't have doll hair.
There would be little point in using silicone for the skin if you were going to use sculpted hair of any material. The disparity between the two would look ridiculous. It would be like walking around with a plastic toupee.
Besides, the notion of "doll hair" comes from the scale disparity. It would either be impossible to work with strands of hair that are also at a 1/6 scale as most dolls, or if it could be done, it would be prohibitively expensive. At 1:1 scale, the hair used is either going to be real, or at least look indistinguishable from it.

No doubt the hair is going to be a problem to be aware of, and will need regular maintenance at least (light vacuuming/dusting). Probably even if it's under glass though not nearly as often.
Just one of the costs of ownership beyond the initial ticket price to understand going in.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #129
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
I can't understand this kind of thinking. You want plastic hair on something that is supposed to look real, PASS. Even high end 1/6 customs have rooted style hair. People want realism, not wipe clean surfaces.
67L88Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:22 AM   #130
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
I can't understand this kind of thinking. You want plastic hair on something that is supposed to look real, PASS. Even high end 1/6 customs have rooted style hair. People want realism, not wipe clean surfaces.
I have the 1/2 scale WW, and honestly as annoying as it is to keep clean it was probably the only way to go.

But soon I think I’ll stick her in a Besta Cabinent which is completely sealed with tape and foam so I won’t have any more dust issues. Only issue is that I’ll have to remove the sword hand

But I think for anything 1/3 and below I’m fine with sculpted hair.

And I know for a lot of custom 1/6 the hair isn’t too bad, but I detest rooted hair on my Hot Toys figures. They never look good from them.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote