Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #1061
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
They should offer at least a fair compensation. $70-$80 credit doesn’t cost to fix the QC problem. Even if you don’t fix the problem, it devalues the statue because of its defects.
Considering it's a credit, I don't think it is designed for covering repair costs.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 07:12 PM   #1062
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I am really confused by the integrity questioning of Sideshow Collectibles. If you are unsatisfied in any way with the product, you can get a full refund. Replacements / repairs for products always have limits. No matter the company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
If they don't have replacements they don't have replacements. They always offer full refund (inc shipping) as an option. Not sure how this is a lack of integrity?
Hard truth, that's just business. It sucks as a collector when you're banking on certain characters to fill certain spots in your collection, but that's just business.

As far as integrity goes, my last comment was generalizing, but I will say for SS if there's an issue of integrity it's the fact that problems are sent out in the first place. Damages can happen during shipping. But far too many times Ive seen or had products SENT OUT with issues. Missing paint, etc. And to have a QC sticker right on the product and say it was checked and there's standards yet it's very clear a problem created during manufacturing was sent to someone and now after ordering the product, being excited for it, and waiting, you're option is to receive a credit that compared to the value of the product isn't worth it or to be without the product...if not a question of integrity, it's still bad on SS's behalf.

That said, I've returned several SS products I didn't want to part with, but I didn't want their damages and the credit they offered wasn't worth it. And that's why I still need a "normal" Hulk in my collection lol.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 PM   #1063
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Hard truth, that's just business. It sucks as a collector when you're banking on certain characters to fill certain spots in your collection, but that's just business.

As far as integrity goes, my last comment was generalizing, but I will say for SS if there's an issue of integrity it's the fact that problems are sent out in the first place. Damages can happen during shipping. But far too many times Ive seen or had products SENT OUT with issues. Missing paint, etc. And to have a QC sticker right on the product and say it was checked and there's standards yet it's very clear a problem created during manufacturing was sent to someone and now after ordering the product, being excited for it, and waiting, you're option is to receive a credit that compared to the value of the product isn't worth it or to be without the product...if not a question of integrity, it's still bad on SS's behalf.

That said, I've returned several SS products I didn't want to part with, but I didn't want their damages and the credit they offered wasn't worth it. And that's why I still need a "normal" Hulk in my collection lol.
I respect it, but think of it from the other point of view. Let’s say they toss a statue that someone would have accepted with a small credit. Now that person is losing out, and sideshow is losing out on business.

If I’m being honest, I would quality check these items while at the factory, then once they got boxed up... depending on logistics, they’d be going to clients or California warehouse directly (then clients).

Then I’d offer the same thing sideshow does. Replacement parts, small credit (since profit on these statues is astronomical), or lastly - full refund.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:34 PM   #1064
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage.CAP View Post
I respect it, but think of it from the other point of view. Let’s say they toss a statue that someone would have accepted with a small credit. Now that person is losing out, and sideshow is losing out on business.

If I’m being honest, I would quality check these items while at the factory, then once they got boxed up... depending on logistics, they’d be going to clients or California warehouse directly (then clients).

Then I’d offer the same thing sideshow does. Replacement parts, small credit (since profit on these statues is astronomical), or lastly - full refund.
I fully see what you're saying. But that speaks to my point that they shouldn't send products out with obvious issues in the first place.

Since these issues are fully SS's fault, if they take a hit, good. They should take a hit for sending out product that should have never left the factory in the first place. It's fully their fault. To their credit QC has improved as a whole over the past few years. I don't always see it. I received 2 defective statues from them in 2019 so I still don't have the greatest trust for SS delivering good product. But beyond me, as a whole there's less QC complaints on this board. They obviously did something to increase quality. I just can't stand when a fellow collector has to take a hit because SS didn't properly deliver.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:47 PM   #1065
Peedi
The Secret Six

Ok so this is a bit different but this reminds me of a recent product I ordered that never arrived...the tracking info said the label was created and it's on its way to shipping...but nothing changed after weeks. I called customer service. The rep checked the tracking and concluded since it's been a while and the product is now sold out we can offer you a refund...uh, sir, you're not doing me a favor by "offering" me a refund, you (not personally him, but rather whoever in the company involved) didn't come through as a business like you're supposed to, my refund is OWED to me for YOU not coming through. Call it entitlement, but companies only have accountability for their screw ups when customers hold them accountable. Funny enough, I ordered from them again later and I was pre-empted, one of my products said there was a delay in shipping...I saw on the product page it was now sold out, and my account had a message that said if they couldn't fulfill my order by whatever date, they would just cancel and refund me automatically lol...theyre staying ahead of the game now...also, at that point it just made me look elsewhere to get what I want.

Yeah, random and mostly unrelated, my bad lol.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:07 AM   #1066
savage.CAP
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I fully see what you're saying. But that speaks to my point that they shouldn't send products out with obvious issues in the first place.

Since these issues are fully SS's fault, if they take a hit, good. They should take a hit for sending out product that should have never left the factory in the first place. It's fully their fault. To their credit QC has improved as a whole over the past few years. I don't always see it. I received 2 defective statues from them in 2019 so I still don't have the greatest trust for SS delivering good product. But beyond me, as a whole there's less QC complaints on this board. They obviously did something to increase quality. I just can't stand when a fellow collector has to take a hit because SS didn't properly deliver.
I respect it and agree with the way you think. In a perfect world, it could go through 3 QC checks before it heads to the collector, but from a business stand point, that’s a rough cost to eat I think.

I wish more than anything that all these pieces showed up perfect and both the Customer/Collector and sideshow profited from the transaction.

I’ve been on the returning a piece I really wanted end. Savage Opress. It sucks to see it’s jumped up in value as well haha. Definitely a rough break, no shaking that. But it was not stressful for me like an eBay transaction would be. So that is what I appreciate about there practice.

This colossus statue seemed to come out amazing with some some having a few blemishes.
savage.CAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 11:02 AM   #1067
AC_808
Hercules

This really sucks to hear. Out of replacement already?! ...How does that work for the people that are still on Flex?

Man ...and I agree ...a refund is BS when you're expecting a killer statue instead. That $80 credit is a joke, too!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:17 AM   #1068
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Why do the still have a wait list if there aren’t any replacements... or I guess it mean that anyone on the wait list is definitely now on the shtoutofluck list.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:48 AM   #1069
khrisc
The X-Men

where is the pic with the issues? tried backreading but didnt see them
khrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #1070
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrisc View Post
where is the pic with the issues? tried backreading but didnt see them
I believe the issues the last few pages people are referring too is that they received a statue with scratches or paint blemishes.

The bigger issue to me is #backcrackgate where there is a small gap on his rear lower back where his back meets the trunks. Seems he was made this way but there is just a small gap there and it looks weird AF. Obviously on display you easily forget about this and don’t see it, but I’m not sure I’ll ever accept this as “ok” since none of my other statues from SS have this issue.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote