Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 04-22-2020, 10:03 PM   #891
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Hulk buster has add ons switch outs and his sheer size it has to be split . It weighs a tonne

Iron man classic has torso switch out
Iron fist has torso switch out
Cyclops torso switch out
Spiderman torso switch out
Etc
Hulk does not ! That’s my point . It’s already expensive so paying more for shipping didn’t bother me a bit I knew what I was getting into . Splitting him in half well I’m sure you can tell I’m not happy .
That is fine but again, if it looks just like the pictures, I don't see what the problem is. It is not like these are items you can pose - once put together, I'm guessing it won't move much in people's collections. Also, I have yet to see a company specifically name the exact pieces which encompass a statue and how it is put together in the preorder description. Finally, Hulk is supposed to be massive (based on dimensions and comments from folks at the cons) - this is what makes it different than the other statues you name. With all of that being said, I don't know what the size difference is between this Hulk and Venom (which you state is also a big piece). Maybe they are the same - I don't know - but I guess we'll see when the Hulk is released.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:05 PM   #892
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal10 View Post
For two years you've been looking at this statue and never noticed it was two pieces. Now you find out and you lose your ----? Why does it matter? Every statue is multiple pieces. And when designed properly, you don't see any seams. So why does it matter?

As for the paper manual - it's due to a plague. The MTO, who cares? The new Thor has a smaller ES than some of the MTO statues. And "Can't provide details like this." It's rare I've seen a company announce how the statues are broken down before they begin to ship. They're telling you now.
Agree. I may just be naive but does ANY company do this before it is ready to ship?
Old 04-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #893
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

You don’t think it’s odd that not in one single you tube video I watched in English or not , not once was it ever mentioned that this piece was going to be two halves . Just saying . No I didn’t know why would I? All my other XMs are one solid piece . All Hulks that have come before this were solid so I’m not out of the realm in being shocked . Oh well I guess I’m in minority here .

Honestly I’ve been ranting for two pages plus I guess it comes down to this . Statues are sculptures . Sculptures in their old sense to me were solid pieces of motion and detail . The more and more these pieces get broken down I lose that feeling of it being the classic statue. It’s more like a giant toy with magnets . That why I get pissed .
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:15 PM   #894
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
You don’t think it’s odd that not in one single you tube video I watched in English or not , not once was it ever mentioned that this piece was going to be two halves . Just saying . No I didn’t know why would I? All my other XMs are one solid piece . All Hulks that have come before this were solid so I’m not out of the realm in being shocked . Oh well I guess I’m in minority here .
I don't think it is odd but that is just me. Hope you can overcome this though and enjoy the piece (which is really the end goal here). If not, I'm sure you could sell it as the ES is pretty low.
Old 04-22-2020, 10:17 PM   #895
Hannibal10
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:

Honestly I’ve been ranting for two pages plus I guess it comes down to this . Statues are sculptures . Sculptures in their old sense to me were solid pieces of motion and detail . The more and more these pieces get broken down I lose that feeling of it being the classic statue. It’s more like a giant toy with magnets . That why I get pissed .
Clearly since it was never mentioned, nobody else thought it was important. Nobody told me the wings on Black Bolt were separate pieces. Why should it matter?
Hannibal10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 10:43 PM   #896
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
I don't think it is odd but that is just me. Hope you can overcome this though and enjoy the piece (which is really the end goal here). If not, I'm sure you could sell it as the ES is pretty low.
That’s all I can do . I hope this ships soon. It’s been way too long .
Old 04-23-2020, 03:46 AM   #897
FJC
Midnighter

This will be my first statue that's split at the torso. I'd rather it was one piece as well. However, if the seam is well hidden and the top of the statue is firmly secured in place, I'm sure that I'll be fine with the way the statue looks when it's displayed.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 05:17 AM   #898
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I gave up on statues being single pieces after the Rhino debacle. The OG Hulk is one piece, weighty and solid as hell. Rhino came with a crack down the back, had to be destroyed with no replacement, and was eggshell thin. I'd imagine with this hulk split and a key to connect, both parts must be pretty solid to avoid breakages, so as long as the seam isn't too noticeable, which it looks fine in in pics, I'm more than happy.

Even with XM, they typically have more switch outs to the characters, and more individual parts to assemble on the base than anyone else, so this isn't a factor for me and may even be easier to move the statue if you have to relocate.

Having said that, I agree there's something to having a solid one piece statue, like the OG Hulk, it does have something about it being one part for the statue, one for the base.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #899
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I agree totally . It gives a feeling of that classic museum statue . I understand the business of it as well . Shipping costs are never a factor for me if I love it I buy it . I’m very picky as a result . I’ll wait and see how everything goes .
Old 04-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #900
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

So which is it Sub? The greatest statue in the entire existence of mankind (including the Venus De Milo) ... or a 2-piece pile of steaming dung?

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote