Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-23-2020, 12:40 AM   #31
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Wasn't Hordak created as the villian for She-Ra? I was a boy in the 80's so no thank you.

She-Ra killed the He-Man line. Shame on you She-Ra.

You have obviously no idea of Masters of the Universe: https://battleramblog.com/hordak-rut...il-horde-1985/
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:47 AM   #32
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Full reveal next Tuesday and preorder Thursday. 300EX on tweeter head while the reg will only be available on Sideshow.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #33
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Wasn't Hordak created as the villian for She-Ra? I was a boy in the 80's so no thank you.

She-Ra killed the He-Man line. Shame on you She-Ra.

Also as a boy from the 80's who focused on the He-Man cartoon and the action figures, I always thought Hordak was only a MOTU character. When I did discover he was in the She-Ra cartoon I was confused why they put such a powerful and dark villain on what seemed to be a sweet and fun cartoon.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 03:34 PM   #34
melkor23
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
Also as a boy from the 80's who focused on the He-Man cartoon and the action figures, I always thought Hordak was only a MOTU character. When I did discover he was in the She-Ra cartoon I was confused why they put such a powerful and dark villain on what seemed to be a sweet and fun cartoon.
Hordak was the villain in the She-Ra cartoon because the He-Man cartoon was not produced any more at the time the Evil Horde was introduced in the MotU toyline.
melkor23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 04:45 PM   #35
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I'm a die hard MOTU fan all my life, I know this is a statue forum, but I'm happy Mattel is doing the origins line, this statue looks great, if sideshow doesn't show something new soon on the COTD I'm gonna quit that line and start he man with this Hordak, I hope a new He man is gonna be done as well, I dont love the sideshow one, it's good, but I dont love it
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 10:28 AM   #36
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkor23 View Post
Hordak was the villain in the She-Ra cartoon because the He-Man cartoon was not produced any more at the time the Evil Horde was introduced in the MotU toyline.
Yup, but I only learned about all that much later in life. As a kid, the action figures and the mini comics that came with them were the real deal. The cartoon was fun, but secondary.

Speaking of She-Ra, I had a neighbor who had all of those and I thought we could do a crossover. Once again I was confused as the figures were different scales. I understood the doll hair as that was catering to their targeted gender demographic. But I thought for sure they would know that boys and girls would want to do crossover stories with them all. So the size thing was super disappointing. I think we went with some shrink ray storyline, haha.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:36 PM   #37
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I never considered the She-Ra Hordak to be the same 80s comic / 00's Four Horsemen version. The toys, mini-comics, and book/vinyl adventures came before the Filmation cartoon.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:15 AM   #38
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Don’t be bitter that She-Ra is cooler and more badass than He-Man.

Sword that can change into other objects, her sword has a pretty stone in it, she can talk to/heal animals - all with the same basic increases in strength. Meanwhile she been dealt the hand of being raised by the villain she had to fight so she’s had a hard life unlike cushy Adam who has Teela and MAA to bail his ass out.

I go live HeMan the up on Battlecat, but that is even a hard debate from having a flying unicorn.

But I digress... buy from Tweeterhead and support the line! They make great statues!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 02:21 AM   #39
TheLastMan
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

Sword that can change into other objects, her sword has a pretty stone in it, she can talk to/heal animals - all with the same basic increases in strength. Meanwhile she been dealt the hand of being raised by the villain she had to fight so she’s had a hard life unlike cushy Adam who has Teela and MAA to bail his ass out.

I go live HeMan the up on Battlecat, but that is even a hard debate from having a flying unicorn.

But I digress... buy from Tweeterhead and support the line! They make great statues!
Say whaaaaaat??

As a cartoon I preferred He-Man hands down. Eternia was more interesting backdrop than Etheria. He-Man also had a better cast of characters: Man-At-Arms, Teela, Sorceress. Even villains were memorable with Merman, Beast-Man, Evil-Lyn, Trap Jaw, etc.

I can't remember any other characters on She-Ra except Hordak, Catra and Bow. That's it!

But I'd be down for that Catra statue too. Meow!
TheLastMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 08:06 PM   #40
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post

She-Ra should be on her knees thanking “cushy” Adam. Randor looked for Adora all of 47 minutes before he was like “Oh well, I still have the boy.” She-Ra’s sword can do all that because she needs all the help she can get. Matter of fact, the source of her power is based on the planet He-Man is charge of protecting, not her. She can’t even get her planet free from the imperials that run it. She’s junior varsity while He-Man is captain of the team.

I know your post was in jest, as was mine. I just wanted to play along! She-Ra is dope AF, and the co transformation scene with her and He-Man from Secret of the Sword is a fond memory from child hood. I seriously hate we never got She-Ra in the 200x reboot cartoon.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote