Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-13-2020, 02:31 PM   #1
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Sideshow, step up your game.

First thing is character choices. I realize Wolverine and Spider-Man make money for you guys but all these years and still no Doc Ock????? There's tons of other characters still not done either. It's ridiculous.

Second thing is packaging. You guys are phasing out art boxes. XM is head and shoulders above you guys in the way they package and present the statue. The box design. With XM all you have to do is lift off the top of the box. Way easier than shimmying the Styrofoam out of the top of the box. And they use Velcro straps, not tape. Way easier to pack if you need to put your statue in storage. XM's Styrofoam is also a million times better than what you guys use. I received my PCS Storm Shadow yesterday and even they're using Velcro straps and a beautiful art box. The art box is just a principle thing. We spend allot of money. The least you can do is make a damn art box. But the packaging and the QC is unacceptable.

You guys are raising prices at a way faster rate than all the other studios. The least you can do is pack the statues better. Use Velcro straps, better Styrofoam and use better factories. Not every time but sometimes the paint jobs are lacking and pieces arriving broken. Seriously, step your game up. I know this will fall on deaf ears. SS doesn't give a sh!t.

My rant is over. Feel free to list characters that are long overdue and any other issues I missed.

The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 02:55 PM   #2
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

I'm in agreement, but here's the thing: SSC keeps putting out an ES of 5000 and people keep buying them. Why would SSC think they are doing anything wrong? Funny thing is they have all the good licenses, yet won't do comic accurate statues, yet they sell like hot cakes.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:17 PM   #3
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Nope. They ain't listening still...
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:41 PM   #4
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I'm in agreement, but here's the thing: SSC keeps putting out an ES of 5000 and people keep buying them. Why would SSC think they are doing anything wrong? Funny thing is they have all the good licenses, yet won't do comic accurate statues, yet they sell like hot cakes.
Not always.

Chewbacca PF has been hanging around a while.
Han Solo PF has been hanging around a while.
Various Wonder Woman PF's have been hanging around a while.
Princess Leia PF appears to be lingering.
Shard Mortal Trespasser PF has been hanging around.

All the above and more PF's have FREE US shipping.
Chewbacca PF has FREE UK shipping + $50 off.

Sideshow should offer more PF's with FREE UK shipping
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #5
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Not always.

Chewbacca PF has been hanging around a while.
Han Solo PF has been hanging around a while.
Various Wonder Woman PF's have been hanging around a while.
Princess Leia PF appears to be lingering.
Shard Mortal Trespasser PF has been hanging around.

All the above and more PF's have FREE US shipping.
Chewbacca PF has FREE UK shipping + $50 off.

Sideshow should offer more PF's with FREE UK shipping
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I don't think ES has anything to do with it. When SS Alex was still posting on here she said that ES had no bearing on price point or QC issues. I believed her. I always thought that people put too much importance on ES. As UKShaun pointed out they have allot of product that they're having trouble moving. I think they shot themselves in the foot with these drastic price increases. I don't buy the whole China excuse and like I said the least you can do if you're going to raise prices so frequently is use better factories, better Styrofoam, Velcro straps and better character selection. I really hope they lose the exclusive rights to these licenses.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:42 PM   #6
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
First thing is character choices. I realize Wolverine and Spider-Man make money for you guys but all these years and still no Doc Ock????? There's tons of other characters still not done either. It's ridiculous.

Second thing is packaging. You guys are phasing out art boxes. XM is head and shoulders above you guys in the way they package and present the statue. The box design. With XM all you have to do is lift off the top of the box. Way easier than shimmying the Styrofoam out of the top of the box. And they use Velcro straps, not tape. Way easier to pack if you need to put your statue in storage. XM's Styrofoam is also a million times better than what you guys use. I received my PCS Storm Shadow yesterday and even they're using Velcro straps and a beautiful art box. The art box is just a principle thing. We spend allot of money. The least you can do is make a damn art box.
I'm so confused, you want a 1/4th scale Doc Ock packaged by XM!?! That's for sale / Pre Order on various sites right.now. SS does not have an exclusive to any of the Marvel stuff. So many great options already exist for Marvel fans.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:45 PM   #7
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Did anyone see the 1/10 Martian Manhunter that Iron Studios just put up for order? Why couldn't Sideshow make that in 1/4? I originally just wanted the original 7 in PF form, but have long since given up on that dream. When they first announced the license, I figured they'd all be out within two years. Oh young and naïve me, ha ha.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:50 PM   #8
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Did anyone see the 1/10 Martian Manhunter that Iron Studios just put up for order? Why couldn't Sideshow make that in 1/4? I originally just wanted the original 7 in PF form, but have long since given up on that dream. When they first announced the license, I figured they'd all be out within two years. Oh young and naïve me, ha ha.
I think they presume nobody would buy J'onn J'onzz in 1/4.
The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:52 PM   #9
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Because Iron Studios will probably sell like 300 of those. Maybe. Sideshow has no reason to think that spending production budget on a character like Martian Manhunter is going to be worth it unless they literally make like 1 statue in 10 years.

I'm not sure everyone here is willing to acknowledge how few of us there are in the world lol. They can sell a DC/Marvel "Trinity" statue to so, so many more people who might have the thought of "Ok, these prices are crazy, but I can justify owning 1 of them." Think of how low the % is of people who would even consider spending $600 on a Martian Manhunter statue. I question whether or not they'd be able to sell even 200 of them. It would be $40 off/free shipping within a year and even then they'd have trouble moving them.

But I get it; they should at least make ONE of them at some point. I agree with you there. But people who are yearning for those characters just need to accept that they're way, way down on the priority list. Way.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 04:54 PM   #10
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

^MMH would definitely benefit from being in a properly made DC film. Movies seem to drive a lot of the sales, especially for Marvel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljordan99 View Post
Or they could make comic accurate statues like P1 does but in 1/4. They would crush the competition.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote