Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #131
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Sideshow make every decision to make money like many company does.
Sideshow usually got highest edition size of a statue in the industry, you can call it greedy, but it means those Sideshowfied products making money and selling well, that's what other producers most envy.
If you try to learn the process of making a statue, you will find Sideshow has one of the best development team in the industry.That's what other producers most envy.

That's what best means.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 05:22 PM   #132
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Sideshow make every decision to make money like many company does.
Sideshow usually got highest edition size of a statue in the industry, you can call it greedy, but it means those Sideshowfied products making money and selling well, that's what other producers most envy.
If you try to learn the process of making a statue, you will find Sideshow has one of the best development team in the industry.That's what other producers most envy.

That's what best means.
To their credit, they created a market with minimal competition against their main products. Good business for them on their behalf, but it doesn't speak volumes to the strength of their product. It speaks to the strength of their business deals.

If P1 and XM could do the same characters in the same scale at the same prices in the US I don't think SS's ES would be as high. The only thing that would be higher is the stakes of the competition, which isn't something SS has too much of right now against their main products.

It is far easier to get an XM nowadays than it used to be in their beginning, but they're not US authorized and are still considerably more expensive which makes many collectors rely on SS where if XM was cheaper, they wouldn't rely just on SS.

Imagine if P1's DC license included 1/4 and not just 1/3...or if Iron Studios could do more than one 1/4 Marvel piece per year...imagine if Gentle Giant could make 1/4 comic based Marvel as part of their license. GG would have some catching up to do as far as overall production quality but even now they can sell larger 1/2 busts (well, technically Diamond, but still...) for old SS prices while SS sells mini busts for at least $100 more...if GG transferred that same value to 1/4 full sized I don't think that wouldn't be a big deal.

If one wants a 1/4 Marvel character (without paying XM prices) or a comic based 1/4 DC character, it's SS or nothing.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:26 PM   #133
prototypy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
To their credit, they created a market with minimal competition against their main products. Good business for them on their behalf, but it doesn't speak volumes to the strength of their product. It speaks to the strength of their business deals.

If P1 and XM could do the same characters in the same scale at the same prices in the US I don't think SS's ES would be as high. The only thing that would be higher is the stakes of the competition, which isn't something SS has too much of right now against their main products.

It is far easier to get an XM nowadays than it used to be in their beginning, but they're not US authorized and are still considerably more expensive which makes many collectors rely on SS where if XM was cheaper, they wouldn't rely just on SS.

Imagine if P1's DC license included 1/4 and not just 1/3...or if Iron Studios could do more than one 1/4 Marvel piece per year...imagine if Gentle Giant could make 1/4 comic based Marvel as part of their license. GG would have some catching up to do as far as overall production quality but even now they can sell larger 1/2 busts (well, technically Diamond, but still...) for old SS prices while SS sells mini busts for at least $100 more...if GG transferred that same value to 1/4 full sized I don't think that wouldn't be a big deal.

If one wants a 1/4 Marvel character (without paying XM prices) or a comic based 1/4 DC character, it's SS or nothing.
You are so kind dude. But It's not a game about character, price, and ES and scale and quality. There won't be any future with the Statue if people just talk about those stuff all the time.
prototypy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #134
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Quote:
You are so kind dude. But It's not a game about character, price, and ES and scale and quality. There won't be any future with the Statue if people just talk about those stuff all the time.
Ok.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 AM   #135
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I am thankful for a company like Sideshow to employ some of the best artists out there. To continue to carry the hobby on it's shoulders for the masses. I proudly display many of the pieces they have released over the years. Their female sculpts and portraits? Some of the best (thanks Harbottle!).

But my Masterpieces are Prime 1.

Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote