Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #1491
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Not really statue related... the official trailer for The Witcher from the Netflix channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

Based off the book series...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:49 PM   #1492
gs013564
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by V4XCollect View Post
Not really statue related... the official trailer for The Witcher from the Netflix channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqi-8kAMmM

Based off the book series...
I'm somewhat excited for this. As far as statue related... Well, let's just say that I would probably never go for a Netflix Witcher statue. The show would need to be wildly successful and even then, I prefer the game's character design/look compared to what I've seen so far via the trailer.

Here's to hoping it's a wild success though!
gs013564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 01:49 PM   #1493
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs013564 View Post
I'm somewhat excited for this. As far as statue related... Well, let's just say that I would probably never go for a Netflix Witcher statue. The show would need to be wildly successful and even then, I prefer the game's character design/look compared to what I've seen so far via the trailer.

Here's to hoping it's a wild success though!
Completely agree! Yenn doesn't look like Yennifer should, and Ciri......just no.

CDPR did a great job designing those characters, and it's a shame that Netflix decided to not acknowledge that body of work.

Outside of Poland, The Witcher would be nothing without CDPR.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:31 PM   #1494
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Completely agree! Yenn doesn't look like Yennifer should, and Ciri......just no.

CDPR did a great job designing those characters, and it's a shame that Netflix decided to not acknowledge that body of work.

Outside of Poland, The Witcher would be nothing without CDPR.
I don't think it was up to Netflix. The creator of the series Andrzej Sapkowski was involved with this and he has a rather contentious relationship with CDPR.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 02:38 PM   #1495
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I don't think it was up to Netflix. The creator of the series Andrzej Sapkowski was involved with this and he has a rather contentious relationship with CDPR.
Yes, you're right, and what a nasty regressive character he is.

It makes me wish the TV series is a failure, proving that the The Witcher is only worth something in the hands of CDPR.
Old 07-22-2019, 02:42 PM   #1496
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Yes, you're right, and what a nasty regressive character he is.

It makes me wish the TV series is a failure, proving that the The Witcher is only worth something in the hands of CDPR.
I think Witcher 4 is guaranteed to happen after Cyberpunk 2077 is done. The show can be their own thing much like the prior Polish show and the source material. I don't see it as a zero sum situation.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #1497
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Only the games are Witcher to me. I never even knew about the novels - given what I've heard, I don't believe I'll miss much. Sometimes a derivative work is better than the original. In this case, I'll take a lovingly crafted game with tons of DLC content over a TV series with miscasts and many other issues.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:13 PM   #1498
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Only the games are Witcher to me. I never even knew about the novels - given what I've heard, I don't believe I'll miss much. Sometimes a derivative work is better than the original. In this case, I'll take a lovingly crafted game with tons of DLC content over TV series with miscasts and many other issues.
Games are good but books even better. I don't know how good the translation to English is, but knowing the story before games happends gives a whole new perspective to Games and all the story told on them. Characters, their relations, story plot, language, humor, are top notch.
So to sum it up You missed much.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:23 PM   #1499
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Games are good but books even better. I don't know how good the translation to English is, but knowing the story before games happends gives a whole new perspective to Games and all the story told on them. Characters, their relations, story plot, language, humor, are top notch.
I was wondering why he would roll over for Netflix like that, but then I see he's an old man, probably holding a grudge for CDPR over money. He shouldn't have a problem now. I guess if the books are wholesome without any SJW nonsense, I'll give them a go.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #1500
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gekon View Post
Now, keep in mind, this is only my opinion.....

I discovered the books after I played the game - Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. This was before I knew anything about the author and his.....negative mental disposition towards the games and CDPR.......

IMHO, the books are MASSIVELY, over rated. I persevered because I imagined that, somewhere in the text, would be the characters I came to appreciate from the game.

My problem with the books? Verbose descriptions of irrelevant "things" that seem to pander to the whims of the writer. Abstract scenes that caused me to 're read pages where the text simply stopped making coherent sense. Characters that only came to life when (mentally) superimposed against their Digital counterparts from the game.....in short, a tedious and underwhelming experience.