Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-21-2015, 12:55 PM   #11
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Looking at the art for this character it appears she has no neck, instead it looks to be just a floating head, not sure how they would pull that off as a 3D sculpt unless they use that Blue spirit energy like what is seen on Kier and Xiall.

So much potential with this line but I echo the sentiments of others on here, Sideshow have all but killed the momentum and interest I once had, such a shame.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #12
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Well it appears we are gona have alot of releases soon.. over the next four months we should be getting red death.. gal. Kier.. and oglaveil. I dont mind the delays as long as its to make the quality is high for these. Would be a shame for them to rush it just to make the deadlines and us being unhappy with the final product. I dont get how people have to talk themselves out of this line just because of some delays. Obviously this line was not for you to begin with if u lose interest over something like a delay.
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #13
gomur
The Tick

More DC please. Green Lantern universe. Flash. Zatanna. Martian Manhunter. Doctor Fate. Captain Atom. Black Canary. Shazam. I'll even take Blue Beetle Ted Kord.

My enthusiasm for CotD is at rock bottom.

gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 07:17 PM   #14
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
Well it appears we are gona have alot of releases soon.. over the next four months we should be getting red death.. gal. Kier.. and oglaveil. I dont mind the delays as long as its to make the quality is high for these. Would be a shame for them to rush it just to make the deadlines and us being unhappy with the final product. I dont get how people have to talk themselves out of this line just because of some delays. Obviously this line was not for you to begin with if u lose interest over something like a delay.
I tend to agree. It's not like this is a statue theme/genre that's becoming over-saturated. Sideshow is the only one doing it. There's nothing else similar to waver interest.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:14 PM   #15
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

The full reveal, though very small, can be seen here.

https://instagram.com/p/9HMaqvLR60/

EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:17 PM   #16
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Ah I hadn't realized she had a floating head. That will look awesome in statue form as you can see a kind of ectoplasm where her neck would be. Should be easy to convey this in a statue.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:27 PM   #17
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovenor View Post
I didn't talk myself out of this line I have looked at the first collectible in the line which was one of easiest and they did poor job on many of the Queens! That has myself and many other collectors scared for this line... Plus with the edition sizes of these there is absolutely no reason to jump the gun but wait to see in hand on each one before buying....

I think they had wonderful idea and concept but so far they are driving there line into the ground plus they needed to focus on one's they have now and not bunch of new ones down the pipeline... I think it's great they want to add more but instead of digging a deeper hole they need to first see how the first 4-6 pieces sell abs how they turn out....

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:04 PM   #18
yipkusing
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Isn't this line is dead as the title line itself?
yipkusing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #19
Kovenor
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

Mm yea headless.. looks pretty cool. Wierd size tho?
Kovenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 10:56 PM   #20
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I got over this line before it got going. I have the queen and had two others on order, but I've since cancelled them and I'm trying to unload the queen. Unfortunately I might have to take a loss to get rid of her. Doesn't seem to be much interest for the line anymore. It's understandable too. With so much stuff coming from big licenses and so many companies, who would want to drop this kind of money on original characters? I'm not saying they aren't beautifully designed, but for most of us, I think our money is better spent elsewhere.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote