Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
drskull
Frackin!

Resin statues and air travel

I'll be on a business trip (so light luggage) abroad next week and a store there will likely to have a summer sale. to avoid customs tax and shipping costs (+ a possible VAT refund before departing) I am thinking of bringing something with me rather than ordering online as usual.

Have you, any of the forum members transported a boxed resin in a plane with you in the cabin? not talking about a huge 1/4 of course.

what do you gals and guys say? yay or nay ?
drskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

The closest I've come was buying a Bowen mini-bust set in San Diego and having it in my stored luggage flying back. No issues, but I'd worry about breakage with a full-size particularly a delicate design.

You have more personal control over carry-on luggage, but your size is limited.
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:27 PM   #3
drskull
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
The closest I've come was buying a Bowen mini-bust set in San Diego and having it in my stored luggage flying back. No issues, but I'd worry about breakage with a full-size particularly a delicate design.

You have more personal control over carry-on luggage, but your size is limited.
So my best is taking a half empty huge luggage and packing the boxed statue in it.

In fact my wife works as a stewardess and I'd ask her about the restrictions for carry-on luggage. but everyone knows the most important rule about buying statues... this is a secret plan lol. told her that I might pick up a small pvc and some retro games.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:20 AM   #4
nameivom
The Herculoids

I have air traveled with bases and a bust (11 inches tall) in the past. Always within my carry on and I always hold it during flight. TSA has checked my bags a few times because of it and sometimes they have not. The big down side with air travel and statues is carrying it everywhere until you arrive at your destination. Never would I put a statue within checked baggage or the overhead. EVER.
nameivom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 05:58 PM   #5
drskull
Frackin!

played it safe, bought a pvc, now I am back home. guys at customs did screen my luggage though. they were so nice they left a note. "we went through your stuff, ref number 145677374".
Old 06-19-2023, 10:10 AM   #6
philpulman
Doh!

Hey there! When it comes to resin statues and air travel, it's important to pack them securely to prevent any damage during transit. Bubble wrap and padded boxes can be helpful. If you're planning to visit a park and explore the beauty of nature, you might want to check out this amazing link about Natron Park - https://altezza.travel/en/park/natron. It's a stunning destination worth considering for your next adventure! Safe travels!
philpulman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 05:25 AM   #7
KyleHarris
Doh!

It sounds like you have a great opportunity to take advantage of a summer sale while you're on your business trip abroad.
KyleHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:00 AM   #8
Virusert
Doh!

Bringing back a boxed resin statue with you in the cabin can be a good way to avoid extra costs like customs tax and shipping fees. While I haven't personally transported a resin statue on a plane, I know that many travelers have successfully done so, especially if it's a smaller-sized statue. Just make sure to check with the airline's regulations regarding carry-on items to ensure you comply with their guidelines. With business class flights, you might have a bit more space and flexibility for your luggage. Have a fantastic trip and happy shopping!
Virusert is offline   Reply With Quote