Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 08-10-2016, 09:57 PM   #341
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
Got it, and its awesome!
My first GG 1:4. I hear a lot of complaints about the base but I don't mind it. It actually is pretty awesome because if I want I can easy make a custom base(s). I am not sure if any other collectors thought that way. Really the limits are none.
Great job on the likeness the scaling as well.
That's one thing that always annoyed me about collectors (namely the ones who collect Sideshow) who blast GG's acrylic bases. Yes, I get it, they're not pretty. Besides the obvious classy and professional display you get with them, the one thing I do like about them is that they're uniformed. Collectors want bases, but the one thing you never have to worry about with GG is one environmental base clashing with another environmental base of a same line.

You get tons of mismatched bases with Sideshow. Collectors say GG bases don't display well. Lol, how so? They all look the same...clear acrylic for their 1/4 scale statues. I can say the same thing about a Sideshow Avengers display or a DC line up or a Star Wars grouping. I've seen Hulk on the street next to Iron Man leaping from a snowy tree stump, next to Captain America posed on WWII sandbags or posed on a crumbled Greek pillar, or posed on a snowy rock, or posed on a slab of metal which sits on a cake top riser (First Avenger/Allied/AoU/Winter Soldier Caps). All these guys next to Thor who's standing in a small crater on what I would call a piece of mountain (which also sits on a cake top riser). Then throw in the Sideshow Black Widow ScarJo PF. Damn, talk about not displaying well.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:07 PM   #342
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

there's something to be said for uniformity and simplicity.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 12:57 AM   #343
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Agreed.

This is my first statue since a bowen or even Kotobukiya (not as big) that has had such a simple and elegant base. I gotta say that I really love how it showcases and brings out the qualities in the piece. It makes me wonder how many statues I own that maybe have the character drowning with the base (in a way). And how they would look with a nice simple base.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #344
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Its at 360.00 now
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 11:53 AM   #345
bradjk1
Fantastic Four

Spec Fiction was selling it on eBay last week for $250 plus $30 shipping. It's gone now - too bad this statue hasn't gotten the love it deserves.
bradjk1 is offline   Reply With Quote