Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 06-25-2016, 08:39 PM   #61
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallow_ View Post
Finally got all my SP pieces in one place

Nice. Is that a besta case? Somebody loves SP bluray lol. Never seen so many on 1 collection.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:33 PM   #62
capchi3
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Finally got all my SP pieces in one place

Awesome SUCKER PUNCH collection and Awesome idea to have the poster in the back drop!
capchi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 03:24 AM   #63
ukshaun
Hercules

Good pictures. Great seeing all 5 girls in a line. Baby Doll positioned in the middle appears to work best.

Two questions:
1. Is the Zombie made to the same standard as the 5 girls? (i'm guessing it would be)
2. American / Japanese Baby Doll, is the only difference the weapon she is holding in her left hand?
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:10 AM   #64
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks guys, yes this setup is several years in the making, great to finally have it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Nice. Is that a besta case? Somebody loves SP bluray lol. Never seen so many on 1 collection.
No its the Pax wardrobe. never checked out the Besta, but the Pax provided both depth for Samurai and width for all 5 Girls.

Edit: Note that there are weight limit issues with the Pax (and maybe other wide ikeas.) After only 2-3 days i noticed the shelves sagging noticeably, and I ended up reinforcing the shelves to make sure I dont come Down one day and find all my beauties lying smashed on the floor... The Pax regular Wood shelves list max 20 kg/44lbs weight.

Another collector on blu-ray.com forum also had same experience with his PAX.

I decided early on that i wanted ALL steelbooks for Suckerpunch and there have been a few. Have purchased duplicates of almost all in preparation for a symetrical setup like this.

They are: German 1st & 2nd ed, Canadian 1st and 2nd Edition, US SDCC exclusive, US Bestbuy, US Regular, Japanese, Mexican, French, Australian.

And unfortunately (for my bankaccount) HDZeta is going to release 1 or more Versions later this year, and I will want 2 of each of all of those editions too, and they will be alot harder to get then these

Quote:
Originally Posted by capchi3 View Post
Awesome SUCKER PUNCH collection and Awesome idea to have the poster in the back drop!
Thanks, have done this for a while, but previously i just taped the poster to the back wall as mentioned in post, wanted to up the game a little. Adds to the display instead of just empty shelf.

Also love what another user here has done With logos and bulletcasings etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Good pictures. Great seeing all 5 girls in a line. Baby Doll positioned in the middle appears to work best.

Two questions:
1. Is the Zombie made to the same standard as the 5 girls? (i'm guessing it would be)
2. American / Japanese Baby Doll, is the only difference the weapon she is holding in her left hand?
Zombie is same quality as the rest yes. Heavier though. And its the only one I had issues With screw allignment on base so had to drill a little, and the screw sticks out a little from bottom so had to put some tape underneath to not scratch shelves.

And yes, only difference on the 2 babydolls is gun in hand and scabbard loose on jap Version.

Originally preordered US ver from a guy on ebay who ended up scamming me. Then had to settle for the Jap Version.

Got my Money back from Visa, and at a later date managed to pick up a US Version aswell. Had to pay a little more than original list price, BUT I ended up getting an Artist Proof
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:18 AM   #65
Shallow_

For Bracing I had a few ideas but went with this:

Picked up an Oak plate 48"x12"x0.64" which I cut into 6x 2"wide pieces. These oak plates have almost no flex to them.

Used one as a straight across beam, and cut 45 degree angle on the remaning 2 pieces pr shelve and made an angle design underneath towards the front.

This also was a great place to attach a Ledberg Ikea LED strip which I modified with braided cablesleeving and heatshrink tubing.

Also Attached 2x L shaped metal pieces (could not for the god of me remember a good name for these things ) for added support.

Now they shoud be secure.

Too much value on each shelf to not take measures.

Edit: The bracing is painted With a matte brownish black color which seems very off in these pics with the flash directly on it, but in real life they are very similar.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:48 AM   #66
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Thanks guys, yes this setup is several years in the making, great to finally have it up.

No its the Pax wardrobe. never checked out the Besta, but the Pax provided both depth for Samurai and width for all 5 Girls.

Edit: Note that there are weight limit issues with the Pax (and maybe other wide ikeas.) After only 2-3 days i noticed the shelves sagging noticeably, and I ended up reinforcing the shelves to make sure I dont come Down one day and find all my beauties lying smashed on the floor... The Pax regular Wood shelves list max 20 kg/44lbs weight.

Another collector on blu-ray.com forum also had same experience with his PAX.

I decided early on that i wanted ALL steelbooks for Suckerpunch and there have been a few. Have purchased duplicates of almost all in preparation for a symetrical setup like this.

They are: German 1st & 2nd ed, Canadian 1st and 2nd Edition, US SDCC exclusive, US Bestbuy, US Regular, Japanese, Mexican, French, Australian.

And unfortunately (for my bankaccount) HDZeta is going to release 1 or more Versions later this year, and I will want 2 of each of all of those editions too, and they will be alot harder to get then these

Thanks, have done this for a while, but previously i just taped the poster to the back wall as mentioned in post, wanted to up the game a little. Adds to the display instead of just empty shelf.

Also love what another user here has done With logos and bulletcasings etc..

Zombie is same quality as the rest yes. Heavier though. And its the only one I had issues With screw allignment on base so had to drill a little, and the screw sticks out a little from bottom so had to put some tape underneath to not scratch shelves.

And yes, only difference on the 2 babydolls is gun in hand and scabbard loose on jap Version.

Originally preordered US ver from a guy on ebay who ended up scamming me. Then had to settle for the Jap Version.

Got my Money back from Visa, and at a later date managed to pick up a US Version aswell. Had to pay a little more than original list price, BUT I ended up getting an Artist Proof
Good to know about the shelving limit of the unit. I thought they would be the same material as besta but I guess they are not.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 10:01 AM   #67
Shallow_

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Good to know about the shelving limit of the unit. I thought they would be the same material as besta but I guess they are not.
The Besta (or Bestå which is really called ) also has 20kg/44lbs pr shelf limit according to site.

But the Besta is only 60cm/24" wide compared to the 100cm/40" of the Pax, and the width makes alot of difference when it comes to shelves bending.

As far as I have seen all ikeas shelves are made of same materials.

But Billy for instance with its narrower depth but 80cm/32" Width is rated for 30kg/66lbs..

Another thing that is very cool about the Pax is that it has 3 rows of leveled holes for mounting shelves.

I had originally planned on doing 2 story/level shelves on one or 2 of the displays but ended up not needing it, but the idea can still be very fun to play With, and would love to see someone else make use of it..

Sorry for my lack artistry

And front to the right ofcourse..

Old 06-29-2016, 02:05 PM   #68
Shallow_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Two questions:
I just found this listing the other day.

Very cheap if anyone is interested. Actually picked up a 2nd one myself

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131824453580...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

and one even cheaper here but shipping is not included here.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUCKER-PUNCH...gAAOxylpNTVzM9
Old 08-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #69
ukshaun
Hercules

__
Old 11-19-2016, 04:19 PM   #70
ukshaun
Hercules

Gentle Giant - Sucker Punch Rocket
Gentle Giant - Sucker Punch Blondie
Gentle Giant - Sucker Punch Amber
Gentle Giant - Sucker Punch Sweet Pea

Been collecting the Sucker Punch girls for a while. Only today were they put on display. Baby
Doll is absent from the group as the statue is listed for crazy prices. I did think about the
Zombie and passed on it.

Of the four statues I own, all are great, especially Blondie and Rocket who really stand out.

Due to my set up, they are displayed one on top of another, rather than in a line.