Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-29-2016, 08:13 AM   #1931
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
Considering where it was placed in the Kickstarter Tier Rewards I sadly think this is going to to at least be $650, $700 at a minimum. I'm still hopelessly optimistic though that it's about $600 since it's a gorgeous piece.
It's still just a PF. My cutoff will be about $500. They might be able to sweeten the deal if they actually have the double rewards and free shipping that they had advertised on the teaser for a while.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:30 AM   #1932
grphyx1
Kingpin

This will be $899.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #1933
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
It's still just a PF. My cutoff will be about $500. They might be able to sweeten the deal if they actually have the double rewards and free shipping that they had advertised on the teaser for a while.
I personally wouldn't call this "just a pf", this one is quite a show piece. It's hitting almost 30 inches with some amazing detail work and one of the most beautifully detailed bases I've seen from SS. I'll never claim to know with certainty a statue's advance price but I definitely don't see how this could be any cheaper than Xiall. Of course regardless of the price I can't say no to the double rewards and the free shipping.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:43 AM   #1934
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
This will be $899.
I just don't see it being that high as much as I don't see it being that low at $500. In the Kickstarter the lvl 6 tier was $750, the lvl 7 with Death was $750 higher. I came to 650 or 700 due to the consideration of the additional digital exclusives that came with the tier reward. $899 just seems too far off from the value they already attached to it in the Kickstarter.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:23 AM   #1935
grphyx1
Kingpin

It's like guessing a woman's age, always go much lower than they actually look. You'll be wrong but it'll still be a win situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
I just don't see it being that high as much as I don't see it being that low at $500. In the Kickstarter the lvl 6 tier was $750, the lvl 7 with Death was $750 higher. I came to 650 or 700 due to the consideration of the additional digital exclusives that came with the tier reward. $899 just seems too far off from the value they already attached to it in the Kickstarter.
grphyx1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:26 AM   #1936
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
It's like guessing a woman's age, always go much lower than they actually look. You'll be wrong but it'll still be a win situation

Old 10-31-2016, 07:57 AM   #1937
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Apparently this is being released during Spooktacular. I'm going to assume Monday, but who knows. I am also very worried about the price. I skipped Xiall because of her price tag, and I'd hate to have to skip this one as well.
I think they made a big mistake with Xiall's price.
That is why Cleopsis was lower.
HOPEFULLY, they stick to the Cleopsis price range.

Honestly, if these statues get too high, I just won't get it.
I won't die if I don't have them.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #1938
Valderen
The Spirit

I agree that the price on Xiall was too high, right now it's the only Court of the Dead statue that I want, that I haven't purchased/pre-ordered.

I have the Queen, the Death Siren and Kier and have Shard and Cleopsis on PO. I really want Xiall but the price is not worth it. I was really happy when I saw Shard and Cleopsis priced more reasonably, although as a Canadian collector it's really painful these days.

I'd like Death, but he isn't a must for me. If he's priced right, I'll probably get him, but not a big deal if he's not for me personally.
Valderen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:43 AM   #1939
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Is this the same death statue that was released a while back that had major leaning issue, then they reissued it another version after it's soldout. Is this the third version of the same statue?

cant really tell looking at the photos, they do look like the same statue with some differences in the head sculpt?
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:10 PM   #1940
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
Is this the same death statue that was released a while back that had major leaning issue, then they reissued it another version after it's soldout. Is this the third version of the same statue?

cant really tell looking at the photos, they do look like the same statue with some differences in the head sculpt?
You are thinking of the Reaper which was rereleased as the Reaper General. It is LSF. This is Death, Ruler of the Underworld and is a PF. They are different characters in CoTD lore.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote