Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-13-2022, 01:37 PM   #21
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Even if it’s 1/4 I don’t think it will be expensive, there is no licensing fees behind.
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:07 PM   #22
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armored_Berserk View Post
Even if it?s 1/4 I don?t think it will be expensive, there is no licensing fees behind.
/Checks which sub I'm in....

I hope you are right! over/under is what.... $1000 USD, assuming 1/4 scale?
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #23
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Yep, I am that collector haha. Fantasy is mostly all I collect. And like I said, these are gorgeous looking statues. My line of reasoning is that market would pay for Dungeons and Dragons statues, a license they already have, but we get these first. For instance, I would largely assume a Drizzt piece could sell 500 or so pieces. But these, I'd be very shocked if they sold more than that.

I may be off base. I'm not trying to take the joy from these. I hope they do well. They'll be special to someone. Hell, I may get 3 of the 4 haha.
I see what you are saying about the D&D statues and I don't disagree. It would be an interesting question for XM to answer.

And even though I don't collect fantasy, COTD, etc., these statues look amazing. If I had the space and funds, I'd probably create a fantasy section amongst my collectibles.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 02:50 AM   #24
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
/Checks which sub I'm in....

I hope you are right! over/under is what.... $1000 USD, assuming 1/4 scale?
Yeah something unlicensed shouldn't cost a $1000 nothing and they should be able to sell them here in the states so we don't have to incur those high shipping cost.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:26 AM   #25
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

These have to be some of the most intense statues I've ever seen, so much wicked detail and design. That creature's mouth looks like it could rip open quite a bit more if it had to.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 04:45 PM   #26
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
It is. I think if Vox Machina the animated series is a hit on Amazon, we're gonna see an even bigger push in that community.

I'm an oddity though. I've never played. I want to, but cant find a group to play with and the pandemic didnt help. But I love the lore. Collect all the modules and read through them, kind of creating my own story in my head and just enjoying the art in them. Enjoy watching the streams too. Not just Crit Role but some of the others too.
My Suggestion - Find an online group! That's how I got started during the pandemic and it's been great!

Check out: D&D Beyond's LFG forum

If you're not adverse to paying for a game session, some great campaigns/one-shots can also be found at https://startplaying.games/

Back on topic - These statues look amazing. Kudos to XM for trying something new.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #27
MPCanes
The X-Men

Even if it's unlicensed there is a close to 0% chance a 1/4th of these would be under 1k. You'll still have artists to pay, factory considerations, inflation, etc. The closest match I can find would be those infinity studios historic figures 1/4th on horseback which have been up for PO since 2020 and are 1k in the US at BBTS, and I'd imagine those were locked in at far lower costs when they were put up for PO.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:26 PM   #28
Halcyon
Loki

Indeed, I paid $1240 for the XM Lobo 1/6

XM is asking $1855 upto 2k for their new Lobo 1/4 which is almost fully copied.
Think these will be less expensive because their monsters equals a 'fancy' base.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:55 PM   #29
Halcyon
Loki

Her intestine hair (inner self) is really gross.

Next to the basic brown of the 'hair', it needs darkgreen gloss areas, then all the colors of the rendered statue are perfect already. The tint of purple in the black creature is a must.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marco-plouffe-pestilence5.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	385.1 KB
ID:	145660  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:03 AM   #30
Marcel54
Hellboy

I like these a lot, but they need to be 1/6 for me. This because of pricepoint and room to display them.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote