Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-03-2012, 05:36 AM   #1
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Actors who take on superheroes roles

http://badassdigest.com/2012/04/27/m...change-the-act

I don't care very much about the character very much, but an interesting point is made in the article. What do you guys think? Does the James Bond treatment work, where you can change the actor ?
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

It is hard to imagine anyone but Downey playing Iron Man. It is like his whole life has lead up to playing the role.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Wasn't Cruise originally slated to play Iron Man.
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #4
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

There needs to be some time passage between two actors taking on the same role. Many will continue to criticize the decision but most will eventually grow to embrace it. Most recent example being for Bruce Banner. I am already on board with Andrew Garfield playing Spider-Man, as he appears to be bringing more of the light heartiness of Spidey back with his portrayal and his genius side will be explored more this time.

After Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 wraps up if RDJ isn't up for it, they can go with another actor. Sure the new actor may never match to Downey's stellar performance, doesn't mean others shouldn't try.

Comic fans are so used to their favourite superhero comic characters being drawn and written by different people, movie roles for those characters can be adapted in a similar way.
Spideristic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
Mean Green
Fantomah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideristic View Post
There needs to be some time passage between two actors taking on the same role. Many will continue to criticize the decision but most will eventually grow to embrace it. Most recent example being for Bruce Banner. I am already on board with Andrew Garfield playing Spider-Man, as he appears to be bringing more of the light heartiness of Spidey back with his portrayal and his genius side will be explored more this time.

After Iron Man 3 and Avengers 2 wraps up if RDJ isn't up for it, they can go with another actor. Sure the new actor may never match to Downey's stellar performance, doesn't mean others shouldn't try.

Comic fans are so used to their favourite superhero comic characters being drawn and written by different people, movie roles for those characters can be adapted in a similar way.

I'm a big fan of Andrew Garfield. Great actor, and very likeable. Definitely helps the transition.

A little bummed that Norton was replaced as Banner but it's not deterring me from watching Avengers at all. Same goes for RDJ; can't think of any other actor playing Stark right now cause he's that good. But if he were to decide that he didn't want to play Iron Man anymore and be replaced, I'd still watch the movie.
Mean Green is offline   Reply With Quote