Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-15-2019, 09:51 PM   #601
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
Congrats Vrac! You are going to absolutely LOVE this PF.
Man I got to tell ya My interest in the hobby has waned. Aussie dolla r is at an all time low, plus 238$ in shipping!! I thought about it quite a bit before I hit that button.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 02:08 AM   #602
Vracula
Jedi Order

An absolute stunner of a Piece!!

Old 09-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #603
SONICobra
Batman

congrats bro! definitely one of their best pieces to date
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:35 PM   #604
B_dub345
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Man these are looking great, now I'm really wishing I PO'd the exclusive! Congrats to everybody getting this in!
B_dub345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:18 PM   #605
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
Man I got to tell ya My interest in the hobby has waned. Aussie dolla r is at an all time low, plus 238$ in shipping!! I thought about it quite a bit before I hit that button.
I hear you Vrac. With today's pricing, we all have to be sure of what we PO. You being an international buyer only makes these decisions even more difficult. I knew you would end up loving this PF though. It's absolutely stunning. Those are some phenomenal looking pics you took by the way.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:39 AM   #606
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
I hear you Vrac. With today's pricing, we all have to be sure of what we PO. You being an international buyer only makes these decisions even more difficult. I knew you would end up loving this PF though. It's absolutely stunning. Those are some phenomenal looking pics you took by the way.
Yeah dude I think I am done with the hobby to be honest . The second hand market here is dead in Australia, so I can't even sell the weak pieces in my collection to fund ongoing. Even then i could'nt pass this one up.

I think I have Punisher and the new logan on pre order but that's it.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:34 AM   #607
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Yeah dude I think I am done with the hobby to be honest . The second hand market here is dead in Australia, so I can't even sell the weak pieces in my collection to fund ongoing. Even then i could'nt pass this one up.

Yeah, I've been at this for awhile myself and I'm nearing the end as well. I have a few holes in my collection that I want to fill and I'm done. Need Martian Manhunter to wrap up my JL lineup and a fully sculpted classic Cap for my Avengers lineup. Oddly enough, I'm a MASSIVE Byrne era X-MEN fan but only have Wolverine and Phoenix out of the 6 characters I need. I'm picking up the new Colossus PF but still need Storm, Cyclops and Nightcrawler. It's those last 3 X-MEN characters I need that might take some time to release. They're the ones that might keep me in the game longer than I expect.

All that said, I understand exactly where you're coming from. The aftermarket is a joke when selling our old pieces and pricing is pretty much out of hand already.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:12 PM   #608
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah, I've been at this for awhile myself and I'm nearing the end as well. I have a few holes in my collection that I want to fill and I'm done. Need Martian Manhunter to wrap up my JL lineup and a fully sculpted classic Cap for my Avengers lineup. Oddly enough, I'm a MASSIVE Byrne era X-MEN fan but only have Wolverine and Phoenix out of the 6 characters I need. I'm picking up the new Colossus PF but still need Storm, Cyclops and Nightcrawler. It's those last 3 X-MEN characters I need that might take some time to release. They're the ones that might keep me in the game longer than I expect.

All that said, I understand exactly where you're coming from. The aftermarket is a joke when selling our old pieces and pricing is pretty much out of hand already.
I got my eye on Gambit too and I MUST have that EX head.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:56 PM   #609
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

A Byrne era 1/4 display is my dream.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:01 PM   #610
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:

I have no more sideshow pieces on preorder. I have a few Tweeterhead, Hot Toys, and a couple customs then my man-cave will be pretty much complete. After those it will probably have to be something special to get me to order.