Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Sports

Old 12-09-2022, 01:27 PM   #81
AC_808
Hercules

I always knew the Cowboys drew bad blood from other fans. It always came with the territory. That hasn't changed.

But I didn't really knew how that felt until Belchick and the Patriots started winning all of those SBs. Lol.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 12:07 PM   #82
Demona
Martian Manhunter

While I couldn't watch the Vikings/Lions, based on the stats I don't think a single amount of defense was played Donatell is a HORRIBLE defensive coordinator and he is squandering the solid Vikings personnel. We have never succeeded with a 3-4 with this group of guys. And does he just not believe in blitzing?!

I'm really happy the Lions won. I'm more happy for them than my husband (a Lions fan) is. I like when they do well after bing mocked (rightyfully so) for decades. I want them in the playoffs and winning their first round. It could be against the Vikings for all I care at this point. The Vikes are going to get bounced quick with this horrible defensive play-calling.

And dude - the world cup matches Fri/Sat were some exciting matches. Friday was bananas. I'm excited for tomorrow/Wed.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 06:11 PM   #83
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I'm really happy the Lions won.
Aw yeah, actually fun to be a Lions fan right now, I can't believe it. If this run continues and they make the playoffs, they will be one of only 2 teams ever to make the playoffs after starting 1-6. I think it's very doable, Goff looked really sharp yesterday, and while I know they weren't going against the 85 Bears defense, some of his throws were impressive nonetheless.
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:22 PM   #84
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

What a win for the Vikings! Feel bad for Ryan with those SB flashbacks.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 06:32 PM   #85
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
What a win for the Vikings! Feel bad for Ryan with those SB flashbacks.
Poor Matt Ryan What an insane game...it was on the NFL Network so I couldn't watch it, what about you Demona?
Old 12-17-2022, 07:18 PM   #86
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

That was an insane game. Can?t believe the Colts let it slip away.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 09:29 PM   #87
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I was at a bar for the first half. I wasn’t mad about being smoked so badly because my husband and I both said “Great! Now we can go home and do stuff around the house.”

We get home and…well….watched the second craziest football game of the season IMO (Buffalo being first). I can’t believe they came back!! I’m not sure what to make of my Vikings, but I know we at least get one playoff game in this year

And how bad were those refs? God damn they were bad. Like really bad and took at least 2 TDs off the board for us. I thought the league pretty much taught them to not blow turnovers dead just in case? And that last fumble recovery for a TD wasn’t even close to not being a score.

Now I can focus on pulling for the Lions. I want them to get a WC spot so bad.

Poor Matt Ryan….ugh.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:40 AM   #88
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
And how bad were those refs? God damn they were bad. Like really bad and took at least 2 TDs off the board for us. I thought the league pretty much taught them to not blow turnovers dead just in case? And that last fumble recovery for a TD wasn?t even close to not being a score.
The NFL has some significant holes in the officiating. The major one for me is what constitutes a catch, they make it WAY too complicated...the league can take their "process" and shove it up their ass (Any Lions fan knows what play I'm referring to)
Old 12-18-2022, 06:48 AM   #89
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
I was at a bar for the first half. I wasn?t mad about being smoked so badly because my husband and I both said ?Great! Now we can go home and do stuff around the house.?

We get home and?well?.watched the second craziest football game of the season IMO (Buffalo being first). I can?t believe they came back!! I?m not sure what to make of my Vikings, but I know we at least get one playoff game in this year

And how bad were those refs? God damn they were bad. Like really bad and took at least 2 TDs off the board for us. I thought the league pretty much taught them to not blow turnovers dead just in case? And that last fumble recovery for a TD wasn?t even close to not being a score.

Now I can focus on pulling for the Lions. I want them to get a WC spot so bad.

Poor Matt Ryan?.ugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
The NFL has some significant holes in the officiating. The major one for me is what constitutes a catch, they make it WAY too complicated...the league can take their "process" and shove it up their ass (Any Lions fan knows what play I'm referring to)

I said as much back in Nov 14th ...these refs can be very inconsistent and irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Yea, that was a great game. Enjoyed that one a lot.

...But the referees pissed me off this weekend. They can be so inconsistent sometimes. Ugh!
Old 12-18-2022, 06:50 AM   #90
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish3183 View Post
That was an insane game. Can?t believe the Colts let it slip away.

This is the second time the Colts had a 2nd half meltdown in a span of 3 weeks. It's crazy!